Academy Center Channel

lakedmb

• Moderators

I know an Academy is a good match for Cornwalls, I am not sure about Heresys? For some reason I am thinking an Academy can do "center duty" for any Heritage system...but I am just not sure about Heresys.

BTW, we have heard an Academy before and they are pretty good. I think the going price is around $500.00????? or better?????

Thanks for the info dtel.  I'm planning on running Cornwall II's as my mains, Heresy II's as my surrounds, and hopefully an Academy as my center.

If anyone is selling one please contact me.

Thanks.

• Moderators

lakelmb,

I just read in another thread that someone may be selling a single Heresy. I don't really know if that would work or not for a (front) center, but maybe it would work for a rear center???? I don't know, just a thought.

Thanks for looking into that for me.  That may work well as a center for the front.  Do you think it would perform as well as an Academy speaker would?

I'm hoping to eventually get another pair of Heresy's for the rear centers to make 7.1.  

Do you happen to have a link for that thread? 

• Moderators

lakelmb,

Just a note....I read in another thread that a Heresy will work for front center. I will look for the thread....about someone may be selling one Heresy..... it is one I just posted in this afternoon.

I really like the way Heresies sound, and the Academy sounded great. I think either of them would work fine.

...I tried with either Heresys or Quartets for mains...a KLF-C7...excellent Center Speaker...Academy...excellent Center...popbumpered Academy...even sweeter...DeanG/Bob Crites/jorjen Heresy Center...best of all...size wise...not so much but of course it matches best with the Heresys...if you have room...go for the Heresy...if not, find an Academy...if you can't...also look for the KLF-C7...I A/B's an Academy and KLF-C7 and didn't hear all that much difference between the two...

Bill

Thanks for all of the replies.  Looks like I will try to find an Academy, but if I'm unable to locate one I will go with a Heresy.

Thanks again everyone.

Also, if anyone has an Academy for sale please contact me.

• 2 weeks later...

I use the academy as the center for my lascala's... it's acceptable but eventually will move to the rear if and when I even get my custom center done.. which is the lascala mid/tweeter horns with 10 inch JBL woofers, I have all the parts just need to get around to having somebody build me a box.