grill fabric and emblems

you can purchase the same oem grill cloth from duracrest fabrics. the price is fairly reasonable

the badges are available from Klipsch parts.

i'm not sure the size of the currently stocked part is an exact fit, but if desired, i think you could also order the entire grill cloth/board from klipsch parts.

thanks daddy dee,

I got the number for Duracrest, which interestingly is about half hour from my home, and will call them to get the fabric which I understand is #17 black and is exact match. I'm anxious to see how these Heresys turn out after refinishing the cabinets and new grills. Hope they look like new. Planning to give a set to my 15 year old when I get them done. A whole lot better than anything we could buy new for $300.00!

• 2 weeks later...

I need to cover some Heresy's . Cat scratched the cloth. Ugh . Let me know if you have enough cloth. Thanx. Richard

If the 'cloth' is the poly type black open weave, and the clawing damage slight, you can melt the loose fibres back down with a lighter. Take care not to apply too much flame, but I've done this a couple of times, when get get the 'fuzzies' off the grilles they look normal again.

Hello

I'm also in the process of restoring a pair of Herseys so i'm looking for enough grill cloth to do both speakers.

If anyone out there has enough please let me know, the cloth is available but the minimum is 5 yds.

Possibly a group purchase ?

The Herseys I have had several coats of paint, grills and all so they are being sanded and any damage repaired, then will be veneered.

Luckily the speakers are all fine, the last thing to do is to re cover the grills with new cloth and emblems, they should look like new.

I am doing the sanding and dent filling and man was there quite a few layers of paint and paint over dirt.

I am taking photos as I go so there will be photos, I have one box speakers and crossover removed and sanded down to the plywood, and hopefully will get the second box done tonight.

I have a cabinet maker that will be doing the veneer work, I want the Hersey's to look like new.

I want to have a look at the veneer, he has cherry,oak,and walnut but can get just about anything I want.

Then new grill cloth.

Look's so far so good! How are you going to re-do the corners (one of the photos looks like a corner chip), or are you going to leave that to the cabinet maker? You might want to consider veneering them yourself. The Heresy is one of the easiest thing to do. Go look at www.joewoodworker.com. His veneer prices are very reasonable, and you can use Heatlock glue for the Heresy panels and edgebanding.

hello

The corners were fixed after the photos, so far the cabinets are all done, any damage or dents are fixed.

I dropped the cabinets off at a cabinet maker buddys for veneer, they are going to be done in quarter sawn oak, with a light oil finish.

I am planning on redoing the grills with new #17 cloth.

The faces and backs are going to be satin black, new cinch terminals.

Looking good. The cabs seem pretty clean. You might want to think of a wash (mineral spirits with a little colored oil based paint). Raises the grain, and is quick. I've got some I starting on soon, where the veneer is gone in some places, and comming loose in others. Don't have any choice but to veneer.

Good luck and keep the pics comming!