upload virgin; be gentle!

jdm56

Everything is in a state of flux -- isn't it always thus for audiophools? -- but here, fwiw, is a pic of my HT. Anyone who can guess the make of the L and R front speakers is automatically awarded the "JDMcCall Don't Get Around Much Anymore" award.

Also submitted for your aproval is a pic taken in my music room showing the right k-horn and my CWD cabinet inhabited by unidentifiable black boxes. (I took the pictures using the lowest res. setting on our new HP 318 digital camera.

Merry Chrstmas to all, and to all a good listening session!

------------------

JDMcCall

James,

Virgin?...Ahh well...That's what they all say!

I have no idea what those front L & R speakers are, but they look like my Dad's old KLH's.

What I would like to know is what you have mounted on the walls on either side of your Khorn...some type of accoustic treatment no doubt...possibly Sonex?

Great looking set-ups!

Happy Holidays

Dave

Dave,

KLH's? I wish, but nope, try again. cwm12.gif

Those black squares flanking the klipschorn are triple layers of RPG ProFoam. I know horns are so directional they aren't supposed to need things like that, but they really help in this room. I don't know if it's the direct sound from the drivers they absorb, reducing the reflection from the wall, or if maybe it is the cabinet edge refraction they help tame, but either way or both, they do work. A big improvement for the money.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Doug

------------------

JDMcCall

Mike,

No. Not Advents. But I did own a pair of "New" Advents in the late seventies/early eighties. Really nice, especially for the money. The speakers pictured with the "tee-vee" are of much more humble origin. (Yes, more humble than Advents.)

------------------

JDMcCall

H.H. Scott??

Sansui?? o.k. go ahead and shoot me...

Pioneer Centrex??

No? O.k., your just leading us all on, right? There Wilson Audio's!!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Monster Power HTS-5000

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire Speaker cables

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Vibrapods

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

Negatory on the EPI, Acoustic Research, etc. But EdwardE is close enough to call a halt to the proceedings -- Radio Shack MC-1000's, from about 1974, if memory serves. 8" woofage, 1.5" PAPER CONE tweetage Absolutely state of the art. A true audio classic! Gotta hand it to'em though. They still work. I just retrieved them from my mom, with whom I had deposited them, oh about 20 years ago. In case it needs to be said, no, I'm not nearly as particular about video sound as I am about my music rig. Of course, finances has something to do with it too.

Mike, you are right. That's a CWD 42" Woodmore pictured with the k-horn. I've got two 30" lowboys, a 30" Woodmore, a 42" Woodmore, and a 21" TV cart. I hated to see CWD close up shop. Seems like their stuff kept getting more and more expensive, and next thing you know, they were gone. Really good Q, though.

------------------

JDMcCall

Jim,

I have two 42" Woodmore's in the medium oak and a 30" lowboy that my TV used to sit on. They all have the glass doors and I can get about 550 albums stuffed into the bottoms of them. I agree about the price however, I think they ran about $500 a unit and that was in 1989. Regardless, they are made of pretty good quality...

Mike

Edit: Just wanted to say you have a very nice setup there.

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 12-27-2001 at 09:22 PM