AAL Speakers?

christjared

Hello,

Has anyone in here heard of American Acoustics Labs speakers before? My roommate called told me he found some older audio equipment in a garage. In there was a pair of AAL speakers that have 15" woofers and some old kenwood equipment like an EQ, tuner, tape deck, and an amp. I really didn't know anything about these speakers and was wondering if anyone had/has any speakers made by AAL and how they sounded.

Thanks!!!!

JC

I'll give 'em more credit than just white van quality. [:D]

I ran 2 pair of AAL's with dual 12's in college. Although boomy and nothing like the Cornwalls I had back home at the time, they did the job. If you can get them for $50 or so, I think they're worth it.

As always, just mho.

Jeff

Damn, I almost forgot about my first stereo system. I had a 80W pioneer receiver with AAL speakers. I didn't have it long since I sold the system to my sisters boyfriend, I upgraded to the 270W pioneer receiver with speakerlab speakers.

As I recall the AAL were good beginner speakers. The sound was decent for the low price. The quality of the drivers were low as well as the very basic x-over network.

Well my roommate is getting these speakers for free, and it will be his first pair of real speakers I guess. Well I guess if they are good starter speakers he should be pleased, but it will be hard to come close to the KG4's he has listened to for two years in our college dorm room!! Thanks everyone

JC