Van Halen - Roth to announce reunion tour

m00n

On a side note, I hear Michael Anthony is going to be touring with Sammy later this year. I thought Michael was very under-appreciated in Van Halen.

That is a Great Point..............You see him every where with Sammy..........Sammy should be on that tour too, half of Van Halen's hits were with Sammy Hagar..............Van Hagar if you will !!!!!!!!!!!

I liked them better w/Sammy, although it's a close race. That would make for a great tour, although it may be too many roosters in the henhouse lol!

Oh, I don't know if it would happen again...... lol it was a good tour, I caught it at DTE in Detroit, but all the rumours of them arguing and fighting everynight about who wanted to headline...I seriously don't think they would do it. I think I recall Sammy saying something to Dave like "I found you in the gutter and now I don't care if you go back".

What you guys say is true, but you under-estimate the Business end of Sammy and Dave, no matter what they say, show them the $$$$$$$ and they are long lost buddies, they are dollarwise guys when it comes to business, grab it while you can.....probably won't happen, just thinking in print I guess, I just know Sam and Dave fronting Van Halen would give all their fans a treat........It is about the Fans, isn't it ?????

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno.... I was / am a huge Van Halen fan. I gotta stay old school and say I like the David Lee Roth era better. And not for the sining. I don't think sammy was hte problem. Eddy just changed his style, Their music was just SOOOOOO different with sammy. With David, Eddy's guitar riffs were clean and mean. Durring the Hagar era, it became very clustered, convoluted sounding... I don't know how to describe it. Don't get me worng, I tihnk some of Eddy's best work was with Hagar, but, all in all, I definitly like the Roth era better.

I liked some of both Diamond Dave, and Sammy, so, get them both, it could be done, and one other thing, replacing Micheal Anthony with Eddie's kid, boy, I don't know about that. Remember the second voice on Van Halen records belonged to Mike.............Really, I hope it all works out, and The Boys give their fan's a good show, because, it really is about the fans..........Diamond Dave is Back.........

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno.... I was / am a huge Van Halen fan. I gotta stay old school and say I like the David Lee Roth era better. And not for the sining. I don't think sammy was hte problem. Eddy just changed his style, Their music was just SOOOOOO different with sammy. With David, Eddy's guitar riffs were clean and mean. Durring the Hagar era, it became very clustered, convoluted sounding... I don't know how to describe it. Don't get me worng, I tihnk some of Eddy's best work was with Hagar, but, all in all, I definitly like the Roth era better.

I agree first his tone was beyond better, and his style was more in your face ( I think during and after 1984 when the keyboards starting showing up everywhere it was the end of that era. Even though Dave was still on the band). That was all Eddys fault nothing to do with any singer. I like Sammy more on his own of course that's my opinion.