Need input...tough choice

So I've been seriously contemplating buying a USED BAT VK3i or VK3ix Pre to replace my Yammie C6, and plan on spending around a Grand for this item NEXT YEAR.

Now comes the hard part, as this may directly conflict w/my plans to attend the 2008 KLIPSCH Pilgrimage.

Only so much money to allocate, so if you were tasked with making this painstaking decision, which way would you go?

(HINT: I've been leaning toward the trip)

Thanks

Mark

Either of the BATs should be a big improvement over the Yamaha C6. You can get an even greater improvement if you use the balanced connectors to a good amp that has them especially a BAT amp. But by all means go to the Pilgrimage. Find a way to do it without a hotel room and restaurant bills. Maybe someone else is driving your way. You can do both if you plan it right.

Thanks, and those are my thoughts too......equipment is always on the market, but the Pilgrimage is an annual event, and it involves personal contact and TONS of information that I cannot obtain otherwise.

PT Job is on the horizon, right after my last (2) MECA SQ judging events in September.

Yeah, I can pickup OB and we can play Sister Sledge "We are Family" all the way to Indy[:D]

I have an itinerary already in the planning stages, since I can stop off in Marion, OH (2/3 way) - layover!

• Moderators

Klipsched,

Do not miss the next Pilgrimage. Like OB says equipment comes and goes.....Pilgrimages..... well each one has its own "flavor". I thought the Pilgrimage to Hope was the "ultimate", however the trip to Indy was just as rewarding. We will be in Indy or Hope, wherever the next Pilgrimage takes us. I loved both and am really glad we make the trip for each one!!!!

Your such a softy OB[;)]

Hang in there Klipsched as I have seen nice used VK-3i's going for as low as $750.00 on A-goN. Even though I own that unit OB is right about the trip vs. equipment but if you can get a couple riders you can pull the trip off for a couple hun and maybe even get that piece[:D]

By the way my VK-200 only has balanced connects[8]

post-18681-13819340026138_thumb.jpg