Got Lucky.....Again

garymd

Well, half lucky I suppose.

I've been buying a lot of audiophoile pressings from a guy who really doesn't know that much about records. If it has an OBI strip (the band that goes around Japanese records), he thinks it's valuable. He charges an arm and a leg for some of those but it's balanced out by the $15 original Blue Notes I get in the lot.

Yesterday I bought this from him. He doesn't look inside the cover so I got it cheap. He thought it was a cheap reissue.

post-11821-13819343706656_thumb.jpg

I recently bought a stack of LPs and thought I scored. In the mix was a 1954 Helen Merrill mono pressing. Get it home and there was a freaking Tom Jones LP inside the sleeve!

OTOH, It's Not Unusual is a kick-a$$ song...

I recently bought a stack of LPs and thought I scored. In the mix was a 1954 Helen Merrill mono pressing. Get it home and there was a freaking Tom Jones LP inside the sleeve!

OTOH, It's Not Unusual is a kick-a$$ song...

Now THAT's funny!

His friend passed away last year and left him over 1000 audiophile LPs. I've bought quite a few from the guy. I'm guessing the other half is there somewhere.

Still laughing Fini.

Is it just me or does that album cover make Sonny look like he's got a wedgie and he's trying to make himself more comfortable?[:$] I know that's kind of like blasphemy but I just can't help it.

I forgive you. [;)]

I think you might be thinking of Rollins' lesser-known album, "Way Too Wet."