Another H/K 930

arfandbark

• Moderators

I have a 930.

And two 730s.

PM to Woodog.

He had 2 930's, but being the kind of guy he is he now has one !

He donated one perfect condition 100% working HK 930 to the hearing impaired and good amp challenged person,.... ME !

He would not even take $ for shipping.

He was supposed to go to the Pilgrimage, but couldn't make it, I asked every ones name that I didn't recognize, looking for him to shake his hand and to thank him in person.

When I first connected it to the Cornwall lll's Michael Colter was here for the wedding. When Michael turned it on I walked over to the sub to turn it off, then I realized it was not even connected it was the 930 and CWlll, completely different setup !

The Yamaha HT receiver did not make the CW's sound like that, Michael just laughed at me walking to the sub, and said I knew it would sound like that !

Thanks Arfandbark !

"When I first connected it to the Cornwall lll's Michael Colter was here for the wedding. When Michael turned it on I walked over to the sub to turn it off, then I realized it was not even connected it was the 930 and CWlll, completely different setup !

The Yamaha HT receiver did not make the CW's sound like that, "

Been there, done that, and heard that (but with Technics and Sony AV/HT receivers and Heresy IIs) - the difference is simply amazing, isn't it? I don't know why those vintage HKs sound infinitely better then today's typical HT receivers on Klipsch Heritage, but there's a night and day difference and you've gotta hear it yourself to really grasp it.

-H2G

I have a 930.

And two 730s.

PM to Woodog.

He had 2 930's, but being the kind of guy he is he now has one !

He donated one perfect condition 100% working HK 930 to the hearing impaired and good amp challenged person,.... ME !

He would not even take $ for shipping.

He was supposed to go to the Pilgrimage, but couldn't make it, I asked every ones name that I didn't recognize, looking for him to shake his hand and to thank him in person.

When I first connected it to the Cornwall lll's Michael Colter was here for the wedding. When Michael turned it on I walked over to the sub to turn it off, then I realized it was not even connected it was the 930 and CWlll, completely different setup !

The Yamaha HT receiver did not make the CW's sound like that, Michael just laughed at me walking to the sub, and said I knew it would sound like that !

Thanks Arfandbark !

It's good to be at the right place at the right time, Dtel. It made perfect sense after winning the CWIIIs.

Frosting on the cake, as I look at it.

I just bought another 930. So I have two again! Plus my 730. And my Sansui 7070 and 8080 and G-7700 and Kenwood KT-7500 tuner,a Sansui TU-7900 tuner,my Optonica ST-4405 tuner (thank you JHeis! It's my daily user) and my assorted Rotel stuff, my Adcom GTP 400 preamps and my very favorite Crown PS-400 power amps.

Speakerwise, Cornwall vintage 1976,Heresy IIs cane front in OO, Polk Monitor 10s, Infinity RS5Bs, EPI T/E 320s, and a couple pair of RTRs (all from HarryO other than the Cornwalls).

I must have half a dozen CD players. I won't get into that right now.

This all started with a pair of Cornwalls....

But I'd heard them before.

Yeah Dtel, Cornwalls and heavy iron- you don't need no stinking sub man!

woohoo

I remember your face when you opened the box containing the HK 930 that A&B GAVE to you. You called him and tried to pay for at least shipping but he wouldn't have it. Good Forum brothers just do stuff like that. Very cool.

Has anyone re-capped one of the HK x30's yet? My 430 is really noisy. I know Doc had a thread about it at one time. What say we gather the Schematics and figure out what stock of parts it would take to do them.

I have a 430 and 730.

Michael, I too would be interested in the ins and outs of re-capping the H/K x30 series. If all goes well, the Technical Manual to the 430, including schematics, will be attached to this post. I'll then attach the manuals for the 630, 730 and 930 to subsequent posts.

I wonder if there are many parts in common between these models. If so, I could create a spreadsheet to inventory the needed parts, take pre-orders and we may have enough quantity to get some break on price or at least possibly make up 'rebuild kits' for Forum members.

Could Dean, Doc, or some capable electronics person jump on here and help out?

I haven't taken the time to compare the parts lists in the mauals, but it's my perception that the 430 and 730 are the most commonly owned among forum members (it's a mere concidence that you and I have those two units) so a refurb klit for those two would be just what the doctor--and I don't mean Who--ordered.