Quintet Center Channel

TexasGuns

Don't think I have ever seen the Quintet center offered separately. Its part of the Quintet MicroSystem. You can find four satellites and the center for around $349 at many places. But, I guess that does not help you now. You could use another Quintet satellite as the center. It is video shielded. If you don't already have a subwoofer, you'll want one, too. KSW10 is the one Klipsch sells with the Quintet. It is available separately.

I've done what you've done in a way. I got what I'd think is a good deal on the quintets (two pair--so 4 sats) and just sent the money monday for a Klipsch KSC-C1 . ~$145 w/shipping from ebay. You could have probably gotten it cheaper, but being new to HT and not knowing many sites I couldn't find it anywhere else. It shouldn't be a bad match, I don't think. Just recieved my Pioneer reciever today Smile.gif Now all I need to buy is the sub.... ....stumped on what to get.

I'll try to let you know what I think of it when I recieve it. Course, I won't have a sub then, but it should still help the soundstage a ton....

This message has been edited by Hipnotic_Tranz on 01-02-2002 at 03:24 PM

Interesting thread...

Ubid is selling the quintets separately, quite a few in fact. You can also find them on ebay for a bit more money. So I ordered 3 pairs (you must order them in pairs) with the intention of using one quintet as a center channel. You can also find an SCc1 center channel at ubid for not much more than $100...so I was considering it, but I would like to get your opinion...

I ordered from ubid an LF10 to go with my quintets for $389 (plus shipping)....

I found a dealer (hifigi.com) that sells quintet micro systems pieces seperately. He will sell one satellite or a single quintet center channel seperate from total package. Here is the positive side, my 4 satellites are white (ebay $160), which match color of my walls. The quintet center speaker is black and looks great on top of my TV (center does not come in white as of yet only black and silver). Here's negative side, I paid $170 for the quintet center channel alone. I was told by tech at Klipsch factory that the quintets are best when matched up with the actual center speaker that comes in the micro system setup. He said the

SC-5 is close match but a little to hefty for the satellites.

recieved my KSC-C1 today and thought I'd get back to ya like I said I would. I'm no expert in audio, so just take what I have to say with a grain of salt.

That said, I think the center is sweet. Much larger than I originally though it was going ot be. So far I've watched the D-Day invasion in Saving Private Ryan and skipped around in Akira (an older anime movie) and it sounded great... definitly helped a ton.

I also just got done playing a game of DOD (half-life mod) and that sounded excellent. I'm very pleased with it so far and it's supoosedly a better speaker than what comes with the quintets. No idea if the quintets actually perform better with the original center or not, but I'm definitly happy. You can get it for ~$99 on ubid last I saw....

Now I just need a bass darn it! Tired of listening to my metallica and not being able to feel the drums beat Smile.gif

This message has been edited by Hipnotic_Tranz on 01-09-2002 at 05:43 PM

Glidedon - Thats pretty damn cheap. Did you buy it as a package? If not, what did you pay for each individual item (sats, center, sub). I've spent $535 so far on my sats, center, and reciever.

How do you like that sub? I have about a $350 limit and am confused on what to get. I hear that 12" has problems with the fuse blowing--have you experienced any of this? My music is really lacking a bass as you could imagine. I have ~$250 saved up for one....

A friend of mine pointed me to this one:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Product_ID=15171&CATID=48

Although expensive, it does look pretty wicked. I'm just really lookin' for a bass that'll hit me in the chest when watchin' DVD's/listening to music. Just wondering if you would get that bass again if you had the chance. Considering I have that same exact setup (minus the bass Smile.gif)

This message has been edited by Hipnotic_Tranz on 01-14-2002 at 08:46 PM

• 2 weeks later...