Hersy Speaker Wire Connect

Hi Bob.

This is the Herseys that I emailed you on regarding testing components and replacing woofers. I was thinking that maybe one of the problems was the terminal, which I guess would be easy enough to replace, but in the mean time I want to test the drivers.

In addition, the two screws in there don't appear to be but about 3/8, maybe a 1/2, where as the ones in your photo appear much longer.

Thanks

The long screws attach the terminal block to the back board from the inside. The threads extrude on the top part of the terminal block. Take the screw that works to the hardware store and find one the same length.

Or you could get new terminal blocks from Bob C. Did not know you had those Bob C. I may have to get some of those and some midrange gaskets from you soon.

Hi Bob.

This is the Herseys that I emailed you on regarding testing components and replacing woofers. I was thinking that maybe one of the problems was the terminal, which I guess would be easy enough to replace, but in the mean time I want to test the drivers.

In addition, the two screws in there don't appear to be but about 3/8, maybe a 1/2, where as the ones in your photo appear much longer.

Thanks

I thought you were saying that the threads were messed up.  If the screw is too long and is running into the cabinet before it tightens up against the wire, you just need a new shorter screw.

Bob 

Sorry for the confusion. The screw is the same length as the other one (thus the correct length), and the threads are ok. There seems to be something in the hole which doesn't allow the screw to be screwed in all the way. I will get new ones from you after I finish the cabinets. However, in the mean time to test the drivers, can the wire be attached to the post above it (see original picture-blue question)?

Thanks

Get a pair of these:

Linky

Very nice; new product; I asked the tech rep to tell me if the fuse holder is already wired into the cup. he's checking to make sure.

Speaking of..... fast blow fuses....

What's everyone using as a fast blow fuse on Heresy's, Cornwalls and LaScala;s. I'm currently using a 2A (except for one pair of Klipschorns that calls specifically for a 4A), but would like to know what some of the options are and why it should be higher? lower? Note: never blown one yet (except one 4A on a k'horn when a banana plug committed suicide), but I don't even get close to clipping the amps and when there's storms about, everything is turned off.

Sorry for the confusion.  The screw is the same length as the other one (thus the correct length), and the threads are ok. There seems to be something in the hole which doesn't allow the screw to be screwed in all the way. I will get new ones from you after I finish the cabinets. However, in the mean time to test the drivers, can the wire be attached to the post above it (see original picture-blue question)?

Thanks

Yes, if you can find a way to connect the wire to it.

Bob