f/s: custom vertical corn wall

shepjk01

Well I just purchased another pair of lascalas for center use so my newly finished vertical cornwall clone has to go. The cabinet is made out of 11 ply birch covered in ropey cherry to the exact specs taken from here on the forums. It has all the components of a standard cornwall. k77, k600 with k55v, and a brand new k33 woofer from klipsch. The crossover is a type B from Bob that I also installed. I just finished this a couple of weeks ago and you can still smell the hand rubbed poly. The only place where it differs is I used normal grill cloth instead of the fabric. Asking price is 350 local pickup only, cash and if using paypal add 3%. Here are also some pics. Also forgot to mention the motorboard was cnc'd by popbumber so the cutouts are perfect!

post-25964-13819344010804_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. I put a lot of time, effort, and money to get just the right center, but since I sold my cherry cornwalls to woodsman and have lascalas for front and rears. I figured why not put another lascala up front. I could always build another vertical to go along with it but figured it would find a good home to someone here on the forums. The ropey cherry veneer is even better looking in person. It has a beautiful grain pattern with what looks like waves running through the grain horizontally.

Three La Scala's up front is nice, a fully horn loaded front stage is incerdible! Can you say sheer dynamics and impact.

Bump for a stunning custom Vertical Cornwall for the price of an Academy C'mon people are you sleeping at the wheel here? If you have Cornwall, Belle, La Scala, or Khorn mains and are using a Heresy at center or less it's time to step up to the plate and make it work.

To me the Cornwall while not fully horn loaded has the closest overall tonality when compared to the Klipschorn from an overall frequency response standpoint.

Too bad you are not in Florida, I would definitely be interested. I have been looking for a single Heresy WO for a center but I think a vertical Cornwall would be awesome. Well that's the way it usually goes. To far to drive and shipping seems to be cost prohibitive. Sure would sound good between the Belles with Cornwall rears. I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been a lot of interest. Good luck.

Paul

Well I just purchased another pair of lascalas for center use so my newly finished vertical cornwall clone has to go. The cabinet is made out of 11 ply birch covered in ropey cherry to the exact specs taken from here on the forums. It has all the components of a standard cornwall. k77, k600 with k55v, and a brand new k33 woofer from klipsch. The crossover is a type B from Bob that I also installed. I just finished this a couple of weeks ago and you can still smell the hand rubbed poly. The only place where it differs is I used normal grill cloth instead of the fabric. Asking price is 350 local pickup only, cash and if using paypal add 3%. Here are also some pics. Also forgot to mention the motorboard was cnc'd by popbumber so the cutouts are perfect!

Justin

Payment sent today. If Saturday, 09/01, is convenient for you, I will be picking up my first HT center channel speaker. Judging from the pictures you posted I expect this Cornwall speaker will have excellent audio qualities and will complement my Cornwall IIs!

Thank you.

Enrique