Lascalla Speakers

batxke

I'm looking at used lascalla speakers with a serial number of 29x402 and 29x406. What year of speakers are these? I thought the serial numbers were supposed to have four digits after the x, which is the year. These have birch cabinets and A1 crossovers.

Thank you!

batxke

Good point, Peter. I think 1983 was the last year for the AA crossovers. I'd never heard of an A1 crossover, so I thought he might be reading it wrong (L looks like 1, if the label is scratched up, perhaps? But then, maybe AA looks like A1 in the same circumstance).

UPDATE: here are 4 1983 La Scalas with AL crossovers:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/960758.aspx

Maybe Klipsch changed the La Scala crossovers from AA to AL midway through the production year. The AA schematic included with my cap kit from Bob Crites notes that the AA was used until 2/83.

My 1982 La Scalas are AA and are noted with X in the s/n. See my listing and pictures for them elsewhere here. They are LS BLS with Top Grilles. In Indianapolis. $1000 pr.

I bought the La Scala speakers two days ago. The previous owner had removed all the components from the cabinets and had them tested by a speaker repair shop.

The shop reconed a woofer and placed new diaphragmes in the tweeters. the crossovers are AL. The cabinets are in good shape. I paid $1200 for the pair and drove three

hours away to get them. I had previously purchased OHM speakers and found them lacking and returned them. They have an excellent return policy.

I bought a pair of Fortes in 1985 and still have them. The La Scalas are for my hobby shop were I play exclusively vinyl.

I thought the serial number code was ## letter #### My serial numbers are missing a number they are 29x402 and 29x406 why is that?

Thanks batxke

So 1982 La Scala speakers with AL

crossovers? Shouldn't that be AA for that year? Mine are

1983 and have AA's in them anyway.

(Note "La Scala" rather than "Lascalla")

My

1982 La Scala had a Type AL network and a K-55-M squawker. At the

time, I was told by Klipsch La Scalas switched in mid-1982.

So 1982 La Scala speakers with AL

crossovers? Shouldn't that be AA for that year? Mine are

1983 and have AA's in them anyway.

(Note "La Scala" rather than "Lascalla")

My

1982 La Scala had a Type AL network and a K-55-M squawker. At the

time, I was told by Klipsch La Scalas switched in mid-1982.

I'm a dufus. Mine are 1973 instead of 1983.

At least I got the name right! [:D]