Picky, an extreme HT makeover star

el jopez

By now we have all seen Picky's Ref 7 HT advertised as a model of inspiration in several print and online magazines. Not sure if this has been posted but Best Buy's "Best" magazine has Glenn's HT included as an example of extreme HT makeovers. Though Klipsch wasn't explicitly plugged in this article, the copper cones beautifully stand out. But there is a one page spread for Klipsch's Synergy flat panel speakers. Check it out:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/global/bestmag/issue-07-09/index.html

Picky, did you or your wife ever imagine the notoriety that would ensue with your "extreme makeover"? Kudos nonetheless.

el jopez: Hey, thanks for the head's-up that the article had come out! I began working on it along with the author, Krissy Rushing, back in June and I knew the story was ready, but we didn't know the exact date it would be released. She had contacted me about doing it the day before I drove to Indianapolis for the Klipsch Pilgrimage this year. Thanks for posting the link to it and for the kudos. I'm sure you can imagine that neither my wife nor I had any idea of the amount of attention our room has gotten ever since its first appearance in 'Home Theater Magazine' in its enclosed 'Audio Video Interiors' supplement back in June 2006. It seems to be one thing after another now about every six months or so. It's really a nice feeling to hear such praise from others about your work. We both remain very flattered and it's still hard for us to believe. Thanks again for thinking enough of our theater's mention in 'Best Magazine' to take the time to post his thread! -Glenn & Verna

j-malotky: You must know by now that you are always welcome here. Monroe is only 30 minutes south of us (if that far) as we live only 1-1/4 miles from I-75 and less than a mile from I-94 so we are centrally located. Give us a shout if you happen to be coming to our area! -Glenn