Who is your favorite muff?

Professor Thump

• Moderators

I've had my Sennheiser HD 570's for many years but recently one ear no longer plays due to a short in the headphone wire.

I just inquired about a pair of HD 555's on CL for $45. Anyone know how the 555's compare to the 570's?

• 3 weeks later...

My only present pair are Sennheiser PXC 450. These have active noise cancelling. The padding is good.

In my experience, avoiding outside noise is a big part of listening enjoyment. Like a quiet room. You can't hear nuances if they are in the noise.

Koss Pro 4 A were the favorite in college because of the liquid filled padding. Some of that was comfort, but in retrospect, noise isolation had a lot to do with it. Quite an advance in their day even though the drivers were just transistor radio speakers.

Wm McD

Still using my old Grado SR 80's i have had for some time now with no complaints, very nice sounding cans for a reasonable price.

Previously i ran with a set of those kinda heavy old green Koss sets but they fell apart after many, many years of use, i don't miss em at all, they made my ears sweat too much and were not very comfey.