Anyone want to part with KV3?

Aaron N

quote:

Originally posted by roscoedawg:

Why buy a KV3 and not a new KSFC7?

I have a KV3 and was wondering what the difference was between the two. I was thinking about a KLFC7, but didn't know what the differences were.

Depends on what your main speakers are. You want to match the voicing/tone/etc... as best as possible across the front. The KV-3 is a better match (tonally) for some speakers than others.

What are your mains?

I have KG 5.5's as my mains and a KV1 center channel currently. The KV series of center's is, I believe, the "matched" series to the KG series at the time. The KV1 is too small to keep up with KG's and my Infinity RS-425 rears. The KV3 is ported and has 2 6 1/2's compared to The KV1 which uses two 5 1/4's. The 425's have 6 1/2's as well. So, I think that the KV3 will better match my setup. Plus, the price I'm buying it for will be less than half of what the new one would cost.

Arron Norris, wondering what you think of the

KV3 with the KG5.5's.I have 5.5's that I'm not using right now but when I did I used a

KV2 and later a C7.Just interested in your opinion.Keith

Tom,

You better believe I was listening! I saw Myram's post and the first thing that came to mind was, "Oh @#*!, there's going to be a price war!" eek.gif Thanks for not creating one. smile.gif

Keith,

I'll let you know like you said when I get it and have some time to test it. I have the KV1 right now and it doesn't blend well with the 5.5's. I'm hoping, I pretty sure it will, that the KV3 does a better job.

• 8 years later...