Favourite New Releases So Far In 2007

musiclover

My favourites so far is Bruce Springsteen--Magic and John Fogerty--Revival. Bruce gets back to rocking and Fogerty gets back to the CCR sound. Only 2 releases I have purchased so far this year where I can listen to every cut. Both are highly recommended. Can't wait to see Spingsteen in concert again. David.

THE BAND ; Best of A Musical History...........pretty much covers career from beginning to end, some new cuts, some old cuts done with a different flavor, if you like The Band you'll want this disc, sounds great..............Me, I can't get enough Levon Helm.......Great Singer, Excellent Drummer........Such a Great group !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favourite groups also. I have the last 4 disc boxset that was released while back, so probablly won/t get this one. That set is awesome.

If your referring to the Band, I tend to stay away from Box Sets, many have alot of filler. The Disc I got is like condensed, it's all I need. If a person would buy, Music from Big Pink, The Band, Stage Fright, and in my opinionated opinion, the two must have from the Band, ROCK OF AGES, and The Last Waltz ....... Classic Killer Live Albums .... ROCK OF AGES is one of my all-time favorite albums, you would have the Band covered real well ................ The more I listen to them, the better they become, they had it all, not for everyone ......................... Levon Helm for President ..................

buckster,

We covered Levon in another thread, but the Last Waltz is still fantastic. Way better than all the over-produced events put together over the past thirty years. Also, I ALWAYS get such a kick out of the Van Morrison piece. You can see Levon smiling to himself and about to crack up watching Van's antics.

flatgrass, not being a wise guy here, but we can never cover the Band, and or Levon Helm enough .............. trust me on this, you will never appreciate Levon Helm enough until you have been to his Live Show .............. The Band can NEVER reform with the passings of Rick Danko, and Richard Manuel, two talented musicans, and fine vocalist's ................. Me, I don't buy alot of "new" Music because, the late 60's and early 70's is when Rock and Roll exploded for me ...... Don't get me going on Delbert McClinton, another passed over Jewel in music .................. Helm / McClinton in 08 ...............

DIRT FARMER : LEVON HELM .................... songs of his parents that he grew up hearing ................ another really good Levon is RCO ALLSTARS, LIVE AT THE PALLADIUM, NEW YEARS EVE 1977 ............. killer album, great band, Dr. John, Duck Dunn, Steve Cropper, Paul Butterfield......NUF SAID !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Candy Dulfer's NEW CD "Candy Store" was just released in September and was #8 on the Jazz Hit List last week:

Some of my favorite tracks are "11:58", "Everytime", and Finsbury Park (2007 version).

Has quite a mix of tracks that offers quite a variety of selections. Funk, some latin Mamba rhythm, and smooth jazz you will find on this release.