I Need Your Help

marantz1

I am a proud owner of original Hereseys and Fortes
I recently acquired a Fisher 500 Mono Receiver. It has been serviced as sounds wonderful.
My question/problem is this. I'm limited to a small space for a speaker and wonder if anyone has any first hand experience with an Academy as a stand alone speaker in a Mono setting. If anyone has additional suggestions, I welcome them.

Thanks
Skramer

The Academy is sought after as a center channel in a Heritage surround setup (I'd like one to match the La Scala mains in my theater ;) )

Perhaps you should sell the academy and pick up something wider range (there's a single shorthorn in the greater Boston area that we've been trying to rescue.)

Thanks for the info.

I may not have been clear about the posting. I do not own an academy. (currently there is one on eBay).

I'd be very interested in additional information about the short horn. At home we rescue dogs why not a speaker!

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am not going to be bidding on the academy

Regards,

skramer