plug size and the iPhone

DrWho

I know the headphones aren't out yet, but would anyone be able to comment as to whether or not these headphones will work with an iPhone jack? Apple did this annoying inset thing that requires a very narrow 1/8" plug in order to get the pin in all the way. It's a long shot, but I figured that since everything else was being made small and a 'comfortable' fit that the plug might be following suit too...

Hi Mike,

You are in luck. We have designed the headphones to interface with iPhone without any adapters. This was difficult to do since the diameter requirments are so small but we were successful in meeting Apple's requirments.

I would be really curious as to how many people will want a mic on the end of our premium HP design. Beings that this is an MP3 player, will users want the HP to function also as a headset? Will occlusion be an issue for these users or an improvement?

Go stick it in your ears!

Oh wow, that's a new level of sexy [Y] Is it safe to talk about your "daughters" like that? [A]

It would probably make sense to have some form of mic. The only reason I use the apple ear buds with the iPhone is because the normal speaker for the phone really sucks and I have a hard time hearing people. I think the standard mic on the phone gets disabled whenever headphones are plugged in, but I could be mistaken.

Hi Mike,

You are in luck. We have designed the headphones to interface with iPhone without any adapters. This was difficult to do since the diameter requirments are so small but we were successful in meeting Apple's requirments.

I would be really curious as to how many people will want a mic on the end of our premium HP design. Beings that this is an MP3 player, will users want the HP to function also as a headset? Will occlusion be an issue for these users or an improvement?

Go stick it in your ears!

PT,

A noise canceling microphone on the premium headset would be perfect for use in aviation for pilot and crew or for use on a motorcycle with a half-helmet.

• 1 month later...

Wow - these are out now. I've been away. My husband was supposed to beta test these and never followed through with it. I plan to kick his butt as soon as he wakes up in the morning.

So no adapter for iPhones. Great. I love the stock iPhone's short cord and squeeze gadget for forwarding, etc. We both have iPhones here and I'm unclear as to how we'd use them.... I'm using the stock headset, Marcus is using Shures for music but LOVED what he heard at the Pilgrimage. I think Mic capabilities would be great but would adding that detract from sound quality at all? Actually, does the cord contribute? I'm starting to have a little fantasy of putting the earpieces on the iPhone cord? ?? Well, it's exciting these are out now. I have to read up on these for sure. Which one was demo'd at the Pilgrimage again?

Who - did you hack your iPhone? I hope so!

I'm one of those guys that think cellphones are the downfall to society, or however my friends describe it...I mostly got the iPhone so that I could play music over the house system inbetween sets at work (I mix for a local venue). I suppose being able to read my emails wherever I'm at has been pretty cool too.

Why would I want to hack my iPhone? You'll have to forgive my ignorance as I've been living in this cave called "Everitt Lab" for the last 3 months.

2k? Cool! Yes, hacked could mean, just hacked to take 3rd party apps/pretty up or unlock to accept another SIM card. I ran mine basically like a hacked iPod Touch till a few days ago when I hooked it up to AT&T. Mine is hacked & unlocked despite not needing the unlock. Who - you should look into it. Amazing things can be had. I love the darned thing.

Anyway - It's very cool Klipsch created these to fit the iPhone & iPod Touch (cuz they are going to take over the world). Actually, it's been a big problem. I.e.; my husband has this fugly big goofya** adapter for his. It's appalling to me. Props Klipsch! I wish I could go back in time to the "Klipsch Fest" to listen to them again because we're convinced mine weren't set up right. My husband was smitten.

... Props Klipsch! I wish I could go back in time to the "Klipsch Fest" to listen to them again because we're convinced mine weren't set up right. My husband was smitten.

Meagain (Lisa?),

It is not uncommon to have fit issues early on while auditioning IE headphones. Some people have very sharp angular turns in their canals that make fitting for seals difficult. I will be writing more on this in the future, including pretty pictures of ear canals from the professor. MMMMmmmm can't wait can you?

Wow - these are out now. I've been away. My husband was supposed to beta test these and never followed through with it. I plan to kick his butt as soon as he wakes up in the morning.

Beta test? Darn, I missed that one [:'(]. I had volunteered, but didn't quite beg. It would've been nice to find out which model I had to have.... Meagain's husband I believe is a musician and would be able to discern things in sound I'm sure my tin ears can't hear.... though I've heard things in my Custom 2's I don't remember hearing before.

I spent most of my short prototype time with the IMAGE listening to the demo tracks Colterphoto1 had put together and just a couple of minutes with a Custom 1 proto. Bought the Custom 2 as I really couldn't justify the extra co$t of the IMAGE right now. I still think the IMAGE win in the ability to disappear in one's ears, but in all fairness I spent maybe 20 minutes with IMAGE prototypes at the Pilgrimage and have spent 2 + hours with the Custom 2 most work days.