Update: Vacuum tube State of the Art Conference in Vancouver, Washington in 2008

triceratops

I went to this event a few years ago, when it was held in Tacoma and it was quite amazing. There were rooms and rooms of boutique audio gear--lots of tube amps, high-end turntables, horn-loaded speakers, etc. There were home-built designs, production equipment, parts, audiophile vinyl, and other great stuff.

The new event will be held in Vancouver, Washington over Memorial Day weekend (May 24-26) in 2008. I wonder if Klipsch might want to put together a Heritage room or something like that? I wonder if some Forum members might want to attend? It looks like the event is still in the early planning stages, and the website recently came online.

Check it out:

http://www.vsac2008.com/

It is a holiday weekend, so plan accordingly. Book your flight and room early.

Luther,

Are you going?

Travis

I want to and Rose wants to see the northwest. AKFest is the beginning of the same month, so I'll be in Detroit then. I guess flying out to the west coast a couple weeks later is within the realm of audio obsessive and thats me.

• 3 months later...

For those intending to go to the 2008 VSAC, here's a heads up:

1. The registration fee increases after March 15th from $135 to $165:

2. An article on VSAC in issue 14 of Tone Audio, pages 39-42

I'm planning on going but haven't forked over the cash yet. Anybody else register yet? If you didn't want to go to the seminars, a pass to the sound rooms is much cheaper.
triceratops