Well, it finally happened....

RIGGED25

I've been Cornwalled.

After being outbid on Ebay on more than one occasion- I found a pair of 1978 Cornwalls on Craigslist.

The grills need some cosmetic attention and a dust cover(that dome looking thing in the midde) is pushed in but other than that-they are in great condtion. I'm very impressed with their soundstage. Any ideas on how to put the woofer dome back to normal? I thought about using a needle but I thought I would ask for a second opinion. Gum perhaps?

Happy in Houston.

RIGGED

Some use a vacuum cleaner to suck it back out.

Good luck and congrats on the Corns.

If you try the vacuum, use a piece of screen wire over the tube, so you don't suck the dome clear off the speaker. In other words, be careful. [:|]

Bruce

I think I'll try the vacuum idea-good thing I don't have a Kirby.

My first Klipsch speaker was the Heresey. I then sold them to buy a pair of Forte IIs. From there I saved and ended up purchasing the Corns. Due to lack of square footage in my living room, I think this is where the buck ends-no Khorns.

Thanks for the ideas fellas.

RIGGED

I've never actually measured, but I'm pretty sure the khorns take up less useable floorspace when properly tucked into the corners than the cornwall. All that space behind the cornwall and the corner is pretty much useless and the khorn can't go anywhere but the corner.

I've never actually measured, but I'm pretty sure the khorns take up less useable floorspace when properly tucked into the corners than the cornwall. All that space behind the cornwall and the corner is pretty much useless and the khorn can't go anywhere but the corner.

Thing is, I only have one corner available in my living room. The other area of placement is next to my hallway. I was surprised by the SPL specs on the Khorn and the Cornwall-I still hope to hear the Khorn sometime.

When I first hooked them up, I followed the advice of the previous owner and placed the treble and bass to 0-not good to my ears. I played with the dials and made them rock n roll-rattling my windows in the process.

I'm currently using a SS Onkyo receiver to push them, although I have pondered using a lower wattage tube amplifier.

Any thoughts on tubes?

RIGGED

[Any thoughts on tubes?

RIGGED

Thoughts on tubes on this forum doubt it. There may have been one or two thoughts on tubes over the

years![;)]

There are a lot of forum members that know quite a bit about tubes and tube gear. Can you give more specific questions on tubes. Do you mean just the tubes or tube gear? If tube gear what's your budget?

Cornwalls are great speakers!! Congrats!

[Any thoughts on tubes?

RIGGED

Thoughts on tubes on this forum doubt it. There may have been one or two thoughts on tubes over the

years![;)]

There are a lot of forum members that know quite a bit about tubes and tube gear. Can you give more specific questions on tubes. Do you mean just the tubes or tube gear? If tube gear what's your budget?

Cornwalls are great speakers!! Congrats!

Tube gear.

Over the years I've heard of a few audio arguements-tube gear vs solid state, vinyl vs cd, equalizer vs no equalizer, and the tone control flat position.

I've also heard that McIntosh equipment brings the best out of Klipsch speakers.

What's amazing about the Corns, they don't even have to be playing to amaze!

Thanks for the congrats all, I love them!

RIGGED

""Any ideas on how to put the woofer dome back to normal? ""

put a hole in a mouth wash cup or one of those pepto cups

put the cup upside down with the hole facing up over the dented dust cover 

drop of super glue gel at the end of a tooth pick and place it thru the hole and locate it at the center of the dent

wait til the glue dries...sometimes 20 minutes...sometimes loner....do not move the toothpic while it's drying

remove the cup, slowly lift the toothpic until the dent pops out...then rotate the toothpic to free it from the cap.