Speaker wire termination for Heritage

jpmgumdoc

I have Cornwalls and 2 sets of Herseys with original binding posts. All the spades I can find are too wide to fit. I've always just attached the bare wire under the flat head screw but am in the process of upgrading my system and would like to use some nice termination of the speaker wire. What are you folks with Heritage speakers using to terminate your speaker wires? Thanks

at radio shack

blue ones - too big will not fit

yellow ones - will fit if you crimp them closed a little - larger wire

red ones - fits with no problem - med size wire

I have Cornwalls and 2 sets of Herseys with original binding posts. All the spades I can find are too wide to fit. I've always just attached the bare wire under the flat head screw but am in the process of upgrading my system and would like to use some nice termination of the speaker wire. What are you folks with Heritage speakers using to terminate your speaker wires? Thanks

On the "blue" ones... There are two kinds of "blue" ones for 14-16 gauge wire, #6 and #8 if I recall, and that refers to the screw shaft size around which the spade will fit. You need the smaller one, #6 I think. When you look at the two "blue" ones, you can see the difference. I use the blue ones, but about once a year during "maintenance", I cut the old ones off, and use fresh wire end and new "blue" ones to ensure good contact. I get them from partsexpress. Don't recall the item number. They are also in any decent hardware store. I have bought some at home depot before. Hope that helps regarding using "blue spades".