Accepting WAF... New Home Theater

Professor Thump

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have added components including network wireless routers and IR repeaters so I can use PC's and remotes with the doors closed. Now Professor Thump doesn't have to move all day except to get more beverages and drain the radiator.

I will update you with the slate counter when I finish. I was going to say the final additions but that would never happen. There is always something to do at Thump's house.

post-20592-13819411012022_thumb.jpg

You can fix the holes EASILY. Make a "California Patch". Take a piece of drywall about 1" larger on all sides. ( a 12" square hole requires a 14"sq patch). Place the GOOD side down on the floor and trace an exact cutout of the hole to be patched on the back. Then cut the BACK side paper only. Break away the drywall board leaving a "FLAP" around a solid piece. Mud all around the hole and patch piece and place patch flush with the wall. Wipe excess mud away and let dry. Coat 2 more coats, floating the repair quite large, then sand and paint. You can also screw some wood pieces inside the hole that you can screw the patch to and tape normally according to the bucket instructions, but I like the California patch better. You won't need much mud (drywall compound).