Dukane

tom b. 57

Dukane was a PA manufacturer for many years, its main competetor would have been Bogen, both specilaized in low-end small installations like elementary schools, resteraunts, small factories, churches etc. I had a Dukane amp once and the build quality was OK for the time. Can't comment on audio quality, cuz, although the amp worked, I don't think it was biased properly and the speakers I then owned needed more power than the little stereo amp could crank out. There is an existing company called Dukane but they are not related and have no info on the old Dukane.

I would think that any of the tube gurus on the forum could help you find a schematic and help you get them set up properly...they might be a great match for Klipsch.

Your first reply was dead on. I've owned a small Dukane tube amp that was converted to a guitar amp. The schematic was on the bottom cover. Low end is pretty accurate...it was still solid stuff but I was never impressed by the output transformer in mine. Build quality was ok but nothing jaw dropping. I sort of dug the industrial gray paint though...sort of like a diamond in the rough. I've seen many other Dukane pieces both in person and eBay and they are all sort of unremarkable.

I've never seen anyone hold up a Dukane peice as their prized possesion and that tells you something!

I like the Stromberg Carlson stuff of the same era...nicer than the Dukane and Bogen stuff and better build quality from my perspective. Better output transfer quality as well.

Hope this helps a bit.

I love bukkake.

Huh????[8-)]

OK, now this has to be one of the most 'off the wall' responses on this forum..I might use another more appropriate adjective, but then the thread my be deleted for that, as evidently they may not know to what the other 'sport' refers.....

If you do know what that is, how would that relate to the topic at hand, even if you are not a Dukane fan?

You might want to try a different forum...

[8-)]