OT: What if corporate tag lines were honest?

Daddy Dee

That U-Haul one really hit the mark! When I moved west, I booked a U-Haul truck and trailer a month ahead. When moving day came, I was told the truck was on the other side of town and the trailer (to transport my van) was more than 4 hours away to the east, in Cornwall, Ontario.

When I asked how that worked, the reply was, "We told you they'd be available. We never said where they'd be." No apology, that's how they do business. After a number of calls, they found another trailer only an hour out of our way, so I followed the truck to there and loaded the van on the trailer, then headed west.

Hours earlier, when we were loading the truck, a heavy rainstorm began and we soon realized the roof had a hole in it. I had to buy some tarps to keep my furniture dry while it was inside the truck. As well, both front tires were so out of balance that they had to be replaced before we even left the city, before we drove northeast to pick up the trailer.

Other than drinking lots of oil, the truck then took us safely from Toronto to the west coast, but I'd never recommend U-Haul to anyone.