Fagen's "Morph the Cat"

Mighty Favog

O.k., who thinks the back-up singers from the song "What I do" are addicting??

I listened to it this morning while eating breakfast and I can't stop going oiver it in my head.......

One of the singers is the same one that was on the "Two Against Nature DVD"; (something) Lenhardt. I think she married to one of the horn players who oddly enough is NOT on the "Morph" album. Hmmmmmm..............

Have you guys seen The Nightfly Trilogy? It's just out, a 7-disc box set, 3 MVIs and 4 CDs, for only $59.99. The material is The Nightfly, Kamakiriad, Morph The Cat, plus videos and other stuff. MVIs are Music Video Interactive discs, which play on computers and DVD players, but not on CD players. They're described as having more space than CDs, along with other features.

If you Google for The Nightfly Trilogy, you may find a little 2-minute video which explains MVIs.

I picked it up last night, Friday, and listened to 2 CDs, and watched 2 videos on one of the MVIs, all on my computer while I was doing some Photoshop stuff, so I can't give a real audio review. It sounded pretty good, but I'll say no more until I hear it on my hi-fi.

I did see it on Amazon but since this time of year nearly everyone (except MasterLu) is strapped for cash and since I'm ordering a Mac C46 in January (major savings drain), I'll have to wait a while. It'll give plenty of chance find a review from either you or someone else out there.

I'm not much of a gamer or a "photo-shopper" or an interactive type of a guy.

It sure is.

I found out that the engineer for that album also designed the audio system for the new Acura's (for anyone here that has one). Sure as hell beats that crappy Bose system that's in my 03' TL-S

You are correct about Elliot Scheiner, who seems to be the most talented multichannel sound engineer around. He has mixed all the multichannel Fagen/Steely Dan releases, as well as some notable others (Eagles' Hotel California, Porcupine Tree albums). He has stated that he is ready to remix the entire Steely Dan catalog into 5.1, but apparently the studios don't see it as profitable. His work on multichannel auto systems is interesting. I recall reading years ago that car interiors were an untapped outlet for advanced sound systems, because despite road and engine noise, the interior acoustic space of a particular model is highly specifiable, so a sound system could be optimally tuned for it.

It's a tragedy that 5.1 music has almost died with only an obscure niche market remaining, as it really can make for an elevated sound experience on a HT system. I suppose today's music market is analogous to the 1960s when there were some stereo enthusiasts (with large Klipsch speakers, tube amps, AR turntables, etc.) while the masses were content listening to mono music from a cigarette-pack-sized transistor radio (evolved today into an iPod).