Monster Z1 or bi-wired XPHP?

Dome

I will say I could not tell a difference in bi-wiring my rf-3's, ( I just had to add this comment to be different! :-)

Serious... you have to try and see for your self.

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire

Is this Bi-wiring from a Receiver with

A and B speaker outputs?

Or two amps/receivers?

Bi-wiring with the same gauge wire from

A and B speakers to a speaker setup for

Biamping wouldn't make much difference, IMO.

Maybe if you tried a larger gauge wire for

the bass section of the speaker, you might

get some more guts out of the bass or something.

I geuss you could play with different combinations

of wire, cheaper than a amp, nonetheless.

THANX!

Shortly after posting that original question I did a search for bi-wiring on this board and read tons of threads on it. And it appears the final verdict on bi-wiring is...... inconclusive.

Anyways, I decided to not go wither either of those speaker wires (Z series to expensive... Im a college student btw and need to eat too Wink.gif ) but the Monster XPHP just didn't seem beefy enough. Its small 16ga something. So I went with the normal 'new' Monster Cable. Its (i think) 12ga wire and according to Monster, a better cable than the smaller XPHP wire is and middle of the road in price (between the Z series and the XPHP). I only got a single run of it for now but it wasn't to terribly expensive so I'll probably give the bi-wiring a go just for the heck of it, maybe I'll try the blind test or whatever if I can get my roomate to switch wires out for me.

Oh, and about the bi-wiring, correct me if I'm wrong but you run 2 runs of wire from the same output correct? One to each of the set of binding posts on the back? Im pretty new to HT so sorry if that was kind of an elementary question, just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

Dome,

You are correct, run 2 pairs of wires from the same output on your receiver. 1 pair go to the upper binding posts and the 2nd pair go to the lower binding posts on the RF-3's. Be sure to remove than gold colored jumper from between the upper and lower binding posts on the RF-3's.

------------------

Ed W

sorry to intrude...

i'd just like a final answer: why is it better (i am assuming it is) to use two wires from the same output than biwire from the A and B output of a receiver?

is it because you're putting twice the load on the amp, therefore creating impedance problems?

and i'm guessing the most practical solution for hookup to the receiver is one wire using banana plugs and the other using screwed bare wire, right?

just need some practical info, i am going to attempt this on my new RF-7s, when I finally make the plunge.

------------------

'cuz not a lot of people have ever said

"Pump up the treble!"

This message has been edited by Seb on 01-16-2002 at 12:40 AM