Two Pair Heresy's, Optimal HT Hookup ?

mfk

What is the best way to hook up two pair of HII's for Home Theater, I have a Yamaha RX-V661 receiver (I know [:#] DSP processor) that allows for multiple theater modes. If both pair didn't have floor stands I'd make one a center channel.

MLF,

I may be wrong, but past info always stated that Heresys should be on the Floor (or there risers). If that is the case, I'd use one for the center like you stated, and later on get another one, or a pair and then you'd have 5.1 or 6.1................JMHO.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I may go with all four on the floor, and I can set up my receiver (Yamaha RX-V661) for all kinds of DSP modes. I have thought of a sub for the heavy lifting. I have also thought of going one HII Center channel, because I can do cinematic DSP modes, but I can set for center channel and subwoofer as well as all four. I have all kinds of trick modes, but I am looking for the one most effective. It doesn't sound like my Cinematic DSP modes create a virtual center channel.

Good thing about the HII's is that they are small enough, I could use all four as fronts in a 2 channel mode, setting all four speakers live and using the DSP chip to create my special effects for Cinematic stuff. Having all four running would give me some real power and maybe with an RPW-10 or an RW-10D (just sold one as part of my R*-52 system. My listening room is 12 x 8 with my listening position around 6' - 7' from the TV.

I hate making decisions...The only thing that makes all four on the floor is the fact that the HII is too large go go on top of my TV. Under the R*-52/RW-10d, the center channel was specific and easy to mount, the engineers had made the decision for me.

Heck, maybe I'll convert the newer pair to HIII's....a thought.

Y'all were pretty much on the money, 4 on the floor, and I'll spring for a sub as the Heresy II rolls off at 57 Hz. A fifth Heresy II, not a bad idea, in a 12 x 8 room, it may be a bit much, but hey, this is my penance for trying to get the R*-52 series to do the work of a pair of HII's. So far four is good, maybe a 5.1 will be better, I'd just better find a new stand for my tv.

If your rear speakers are on the floor, won't they be firing into the back of the sofa, giving a muffled sound? As well, it's usually recommended that surround speakers be located about 6 feet above the floor. I've got one Heresy II surround speaker on top of a bookcase and the other one on a tall box, which works out well. Since the surround speakers are primarily for effects, they don't need full-range frequency response.

Nope, they are in a semi circle position, I am set for four speakers, I use either the DSP cinematic effects or 2 ch Enhanced modes, it is an impressive wall of sound. . I really need a sub woofer and maybe another HII for a center channel, but then again there will be furniture issues, all of my HII's have the optional risers, and I'm not hanging 38 lbs boxes on the wall, I own this place and don't want to make a mess of it.

All comes in time.

Just shut down the center channel .................. a 5th Heresy is the perfect match, if you can fit it in .......... and with a sub, you can get the H2's off the floor .................. alot of options, but the main one is ...................... Enjoy what you've got !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a big believer in having a dedicated center channel. However that being said you can always get a single Heresy later on for the center channel. Here is a picture of my front speakers. It is a bit dark because of how the camera reads the screen material:

P1010074_web.jpgP1010074_web.jpgP1010074_web.jpg

Here is a better shot of the speakers without the screen:

P1010071_web.jpg

and just to round it out an older shot of the back. The rear speakers have since been mounted on wall mount TV stands made for a 13" TV and they are facing the seating:

fp_P2190063_web.jpg

Laters,

Jeff