Bummed out !!!

A shame you missed out on the Craigslist McIntosh MC275 deal. You have to call on those good Craigslist deals as soon as they come up because people watch it so well. Like oldbuckster states, it's hard to get a good deal on eBay anymore too because so many buyers now. I did just buy a eBay mint Marantz 2100 tuner for $75 with the Buy It Now option which for me was a decent enough deal, but it seems the days of great eBay deals are gone.

Good point soundbound, but let me ask this, Why wouldn't you do Buy It Now, if item was in ballpark moneywise? Hit it, it's over, no bidding wars and even worse, Snipers ................. God I hate snipping, but it's legal, and acceptable to many, I don't like it, but it's accepted practice. You gotta' know when Buy It Now is the best option .............

oldbuckster,

That's what I did. It was Buy It Now for $75, so I hit the Buy It Now and bought it for the $75.

"I did just buy a eBay mint Marantz 2100 tuner for $75 with the Buy It Now option which for me was a decent enough deal,"

Sorry for the confusion. It would have been clearer if I'd wrote, "buying it by using the Buy It Now option." I agree with you that using the Buy It Now option is about the only way to get a good deal on eBay anymore. I buy all my new and most of my used audio local, but I'll buy off eBay when it's vintage mint audio at a decent price that I can't find local. I've been fortunate to had many good experiences buying off eBay items I can't find local.

I just recently found a deal on Mcintoch MC-2105 amp and matching C26 pre in wood cases orignal owner for $500.

The guy has posted his number at 12am and I called him at 1am (i know im crazy) - he said I was the first one to call and that I can call him in the morning to setup time to pick up.

I call him the next day and he said that someone called earlier in the morning - pretended like he was me - and came to pick up the equipment with cash and took the gear.

The owner said he pretended like "yeah yeah thats me" when he the owner had initally questioned him "are you the one that called last night at 1 am".

I was so mad

That stinks! I called one evening on a Craigslist listing for a set of clean AR303A speakers. The seller told me to call him again first thing in the morning to set it up which I did. He then informed me they were already gone. I have a friend who buys items local and sales them on eBay. He said Craigslist is a very hard way to get items. He said that he'll set it up and get to their houses early and there will already be others there before him. Definitely a first to get there with money in hand deal.