Center Speaker Recommendations

Mudkicker

I had a KV-2 years ago. Seems I remember my speaker, which I bought new from a dealer, having the mounting holes. Not sure though. The threaded holes are the same standard pattern/spacing as those on the rear of KG2.5's. It is magnetically shielded.

Keith

My assumption would be yes, it is Magnetically Shielded but I do not know that for certain.

I thought you would jump on that KV-3 on Ebay. He had a buy it now for $89.00 but I see that he has bumped it up to $129.00. It is New in the Box. Can you get a KV-2 that much cheaper?

Youthman,

I contacted that seller and the item was indeed used. I asked for pictures but it would seem that in the meantime he increased his price and it has been sold. I don't feel too bad because it was not new in the box. The other day i won an auction for a KV-2. I paid $82.00 with shipping. Original owner and from the pictures it looks to be in good shape. I believe that its a fair price?

All i have left to buy are the rears. There is a nice set of KG .5 for sale right now. However, i am not sure if i should wait for some KG 1.5 to come up for sale instead. In a different post somebody said the the KG .5 will work with what i have. Any additional thoughts on this?

Thanks

Mud

• Moderators

My bad...I thought it was New In Box, but after re-looking at his auction, it says "Speaker in Box". I was thinking if you can get a KV-3 brand new for $90.00, that would be a steal! But I see it is definitely used and he did increase his price from $90 - $130. $82 for a KV-2 seems reasonable. I think it will serve you well with the rest of your setup. Are you using a sub in your setup?

I have a KV-2 on its way to me. I am looking for a pair of KG 1.5 for the rear. If i come across a good deal on a KV-3, then this is what i am thinking.

6.1 set up

Front L,R = KG 2.5

Front C = KV-3

Rear L,R = KG 1.5

Rear C = KV-2 (not sure how a center speaker will do when placed as a rear center)

Does this sound like it would make good sense?

Thanks

Mud

• Moderators

Yes, a center channel speaker can be used for your rear center. Some people have even mentioned that they would love to have three RC-64's for their front three speakers. I have also heard of people using 5 or 7 RF-7's. The key is having the timbre match for each speaker. Keeping the speakers in the same line that they were designed for works best.

• Moderators

I have never A/B the two speakers but with the KV-3 has 6.5 inch drivers over the 5.25 inch drivers in the KV-2, they have a lower Frequency Response plus they also have a 95db sensitivity as opposed to a 93db sensitivity which means they are more efficient and it will take less power to push them. The only problem is that if you are using the KG 1.5, Klipsch recommends using the KV-2 to match the timbre. The KV-3 matches the KG 2.5. Hope this helps.