SAE Separates

hodgesj

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...but here goes.

I have an SAE P102 preamp and an SAE A202 amplifier. They have been in storage in a closet for the past 11 - 12 years. They are in excellent condition and worked perfectly when I put them in storage and started using my Denon AVR3600 for home theater. I am pretty sure they were manufactured in Japan. They are in the original boxes with the owners manuals, wood side panels, and the little black plastic plugs that cover the holes. Is there any demand for these components? If so, where can I go to find out what they worth?

I'd suggest to browse Ebay. That's usually what determines market value. Searching closed auctions will cover the last 30 days or so. Also, audiogon.com might have some SAE gear listed.

Of course, there's a garage sale forum on this forum. Decide what you want for the gear and post some pics. There's something to be said for selling something to another forum member. Better than taking pot luck on Ebay buyers.

Good luck with your sale.

Really miss my old SAE gear.... had a pre-amp, fm tuner, eq, and amp... all power hungry and took up a lot of space, but it made for some great sound when run through my old Polks.

I have been into SAE gear for many years. I've become very good friends with James Bongiorno (designer) and even flew out to Montebello CA to meet Morris Kessler (owner). My site has some good info but I haven't been putting as much time into it. You can find more on SAE at my buddies site: http://jims-sae-site.com/

Here is my present office system

office110107.jpg

And my home SAE rack shown here during a audio meet at my house a couple weeks ago

Dsc_0111.jpg

I remember many, many years ago visiting Pacific Stereo in St. Louis, and finding them trying to find a suitable amplifier to mate with the new Infinity Quantum Line Source speakers they had just received. The QLS defeated a Heath SuperAmp (something like 565 Watts per channel into 4 Ohms) and a Harman Kardon Citation (forget the model number, but it was a BIG amp); both amps STRAINED with these speakers.

Then they connected an SAE 2200 (only 100 Watts per channel). Magic.

Jim Bongiorno went on to Great American Sound, then Sumo. I think he's freelancing in California now, or is he associated with a manufacturer?

Greg

I have been into SAE gear for many years. I've become very good friends with James Bongiorno (designer) and even flew out to Montebello CA to meet Morris Kessler (owner). My site has some good info but I haven't been putting as much time into it. You can find more on SAE at my buddies site: http://jims-sae-site.com/

Here is my present office system

office110107.jpg

Luther,

What model are the JBLs? Are those the L26 you redid? They look nice with the SAE equipment. My younger son has some L46 at school, with an H/K 430. It easily bests what most college kids have in their dorm rooms.

Bruce

I noticed the arch, just couldn't remember them. That was a pretty nice series of speakers from JBL. I refinished a set of L56 for a friend of mine, but he is rarely home long enough to listen to them. They tonal balance is better once the volume goes up some.