8th Graders Love Jubs!!!!

Me Loves Khorns

My son, Me Loves Heresy's, had his winter formal dance for his school tonite. The after dance party, with fancy desserts, etc, was at our house.

So, at about 11 pm, about 40 eigth graders came to our house. Well, my Jubs are in the front room of the house, right where you walk in. Many comments were made along the lines, wow, those are huge... What are they? Are they loud?

Then they notice the boys Rock Band video game set up for the xbox 360. So, standing around and visiting soon turned into a video game directed jam fest. The game is actually rather fun, I am the new drummer of our local band, consisting of me and the boys here at home....

So, we got it all set up. Most of these kids either have this game or Guitar Hero at their homes. On at best some Bose or tv speakers. They all were just amazed at how much more fun it was when it actually sounded like a real band playing, not the alarm clock radio turned up too loud...

So, the ole Jubs were quite the hit at the party, with a bunch of 8th graders none the less. Needless to say, my son had quite the time with the Klipsch sound with all of his classmates.

He also had fun with music coming from his room, which now has his tubes, the ST-70's, the LaScallas, which were my original speakers, being used for surround sound before the jubs made it in, and his Heresy II's on the other corners of his bedroom. Old school gear, tubes and horns, definitely rock, even today!

Paul

Congratulations on starting a few of the next generation of audiophiles. Being a long time audio geek, my kids grew up with this stuff. They never thought much of it, but did enjoy that it impressed their friends and Dad could supply gear for parties and dances. Having your kid give you a big hug during a party that was a huge hit with the kids is priceless.

You are a cool dad. Very nice.

You took the words right OUT of my mouth... I was going to say that Paul is the coolest dad!!

WTG Paul!

You KNOW that as time goes forward... your sons pals will in secret...always be hoping that the party will be held at your place... even better in their teenage years when you are gone and they have the keys to the house AND the system..... [:^)]

O dear, I didn't think about the Jubs making my house the number one spot for a clandestine party when we are out of town in the future...

Nah, my kids a great kid. He would get really ticked if someone was messing around with our gear in the wrong way...

It does feel good to be spreading the gospel of good sound over bose inspired cube sound.

Paul