banana plug question

InVeNtOr

I think you would be better off buying from www.partsexpress.com and saving yourself a lot of $$.

They no doubt are good but do you really want to spend $50 on banana plugs?

{edit} sorry, I noticed it was for 28 of them. I would say that's a good deal then. I was thinking it was for 2! [:$]

I have used GLS banana plugs in the past, but not long. The ones you are looking at looks like an inproved barrel design over what I had used before. The previous design was simply too heavy.

This design looks like it would be o.k.

What I found to be the most useful and practical was a pair of gold plated dual plugs like Radio Shack and Parts Express carry. They aren't pretty but you will never have worry about anyone shorting an amp touching the leads together.

The locking type bananas are said to give better contact than the regular models, but can be a little fiddly to work with. There is another type, the BFA banana, which is not exactly a banana type, since the contact surfaces are cylindrical, but it makes really good contact.

You can see them at: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Connectors#

Close-up: http://www.knukonceptz.com/image.cfm?image=assets/productImages/eKs-BP1.JPG

I prefer the BFA connectors, on the basis that they provide more contact surface, but it would probably be pretty hard to hear the difference one way or the other. I'm using BFA connectors in most of my system.

As for Knukonceptz's speaker cable, I've been using their 8 gauge Karma Kable for a couple of years and I really like it.

well alright then i will stick with the gls brand. they have a "locking" type that looks good. i am assuming that the term locking means once you insert them and open it, it won't come back out, until you unscrew it.

locking banana plug

Yes, the plug is made to expand in the jack. I've tried them and didn't care for them. It was sort of disconcerting to not be able to just pull them out.

A mental thing, but then I'm mental. Get a foot caught in the cable and trip... the banana plug doesn't just come out, but will pull the heck out of the amp off the shelf.