"PICKY FEST '08": Thanks!

picky

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday night BBQ: John, Roger and Michael (sorry about the cup, Michael) in front of Picky's Heresey III / Eico ST-70-equipped garage. (Note: That is a Faygo (Detroit-area brand) creme soda that Michael is proudly displaying; he said he hadn't had one in years. We aim to please!) LOL

post-10177-13819373447458_thumb.jpg

Home, Home Again...[au]

6:30 and back in Indy. The route you sent up home was a bit shorter Glenn- thanks!

Had a spectacular time in Detroit at the PickyFest 08. I'm a bit wiped out and road weary now so more to follow. Suffice to say it was a fun trip with my bestest travel buddy and part time chauffeur Roger. 4.5 hours on the road each way during the weekend- you'd better be good friends to do that without bodily injury. Glenn and Verna were wonderful hosts. Glenn had great tunes and movies awaiting, the house and garden was more stunning than I recall. This trip was much longer than the 4 hours I'd spent with Glenn in March 2005 (LSI trip), so had a chance to sample his and Verna's splendid cooking and hospitality. Rose makes some splendid Eight O'Clock coffee [O]and I enjoyed our chats.

It was great getting to spend more time with John M, I'd visited his home a couple years back while grabbing a pair of Damon Payne's mahogany Heresies for Doc. (geesh I used to drive to Milwaukee for Heresies and a quick visit?). Great guy, he brought numerous libations, which when added to Picky's incredible array, assured that no one would dehydrate during the weekend.

I'll post later with more about the AKFest [8-|] , our discussions, and listening. Just wanted to pop in and say we'd arrived safely and say that if you weren't at Picky's this weekend you missed a durn good time [:(] .

I'd take a nap if I didn't have all this RockStar buzzing around in my head! [:S]

Thanks again Glenn and Verna!

And Roger, thanks for driving.

Michael

• Moderators

"Bunny ears!" Roger and my bride, Verna in our little basement office.

Tha't's Roger, always a smile on his face. Sorry I missed it again this year, I was almost there, talked to Luther (Wardsweb) on Wed, go this flight info and was hoping I could get something moved on Friday and I couldn't. So next year for sure.

Did y'all run into Luther at the Show?

Travis

Michael: We're glad to hear you both made it home alright. John called a couple of hours ago. He'd made it home ok too. Thnaks for the kind words. Nice seeing you guys.

Travis: No problem. Maybe next time. I saw Luther's room at the AK Audio Fest but it was too crowded so I didn't go in.

At the AK Audio Fest: Craig (L), I'm sorry I didn't get the screen name of the gentleman in the middle and Ballylongford on the right in Craig's NOS Valves room.

post-10177-13819373451638_thumb.jpg

Unusual heartwood Cedar finish on horn-loaded Tyler Acoustics speakers from Kentucky. The whole room smelled like a cedar closet. Despite the large woofers and rear ports, they seemed to lack bass. Very showy shelving...

post-10177-13819373456702_thumb.jpg

This answers the question, "Do Klipsch forum members ever actually wear those freebies that are handed out to members at the pilgrimages?" YES!! Please believe me when I tell you that we did not plan it this way. I put the shirt on before John and Michael had arrived and lo and behold; they had the same shirts on when they pulled in! LOL

That's funny as hell, because guess what I was also wearing at this concert that I was attending last night that pretty much prevented me from coming to this (and most likely, I would've also been wearing it had I been able to come to your little gig!)....

IMG_2468Medium.jpg

In comparison, these Tyler Acoustics towers had exceptionally good, tight bass. They were about 5 feet tall and $12,000/pair. Notice the front ports....

post-10177-13819373457302_thumb.jpg