new subwoofer king?

Jay481985

No kidding. Custom made 2 of a kind for me. Gold and diamonds cost something and having it shaped and mounted the way I want costs money also. I splurged on a few things, but what the heck, you only live once. I don't drink, smoke, no drugs, I spend on tangible things that I get continued enjoyment.

Thanks,

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you. As far as how low does it go, the tune is 14.4 Hz. I have been having trouble with my computer and REW, so really accurate measures of depth are not yet available. As far as how loud. I have a cm 140 and get 129 db uncorrected with the Hulk sound gun scene with the cabs running at 8 ohms on 1 crown itech 8000 on a 120volt 20 amp circuit. I am in the process of upgrading the electrical so 2 itechs bridged on 220 volt service will be used. Right now, the one amp falls way short on the power needed. The cabs will take all of the amp and will not come anywhere near xmax. I should get at least 3 db from the power upgrade, but mostly headroom and cleaner amplification.

Thanks,

Robert

This is the graph I got when I used REW at my listening position. I Have no EQ or PEQ in place. This is the processor to amp to cabinet reading in room. I am skeptical because I have a ton of other vented subs in the room when the measurements are being taken. I wonder if this helps or hinders the look of the graph.

Also, I will say, I am completely happy with the sound- um feel- so far. It has turned out to perform way beyind my expectations. Since that graph was made, I have added a new door to the stairway and the room is now completely closed. I wonder if that would change the look of the graph. Another thing, my cabs are on the sides of my room.

any thoughts?