Congratulations Ryan Newman

nu2toobs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope people put as much interest in the upcoming elections as they do watching NASCAR !!!!!!!!!

But Buck!....I'm surprised at you! [;)]

Everyone knows that politics is a big business dominated by the moneyed few instead of the citizen statesman.

So, why should we pay any more attention to politics than you do Nascar?

...Except to gripe about it?

[:P]

I vote, that's a responsibility of being a FREE American Citizen !!!!!!

OK, I think I am getting the hang of this. So, if i have it right:

It is our responsibility to vote for tha particular group of monied special interests, inwhich only the rich can play, who will impose their interests upon us.

And that is what makes being FREE American citizen so great?[*-)]

I am beginning to think that your original rant against professional interests versus amatuer participants isn't so bad...as your 'responsibility', as it exists, certainly doesn't seem nearly as attractive as we vote our choice between two groups of special interests, neither of which are grounded in statesmanship ...

[:P]

I mean, for an example you only have to go as far as to stop and take a look at our state of 'education reform' - a failed oxymoron where a
person with a BS, MS or PhD in say, math or engineering is not
considered qualified to teach a rigorous' curriculum such as 7th
grade math or science, despite the lack of qualified math and science teachers
being called a "critical" shortage in "No Child Left Behind" - simply because they have a liberal
arts degree rather than a degree from the college of education which
requires far fewer courses in math &/or science. Thank both those represent
the Teacher's Union that is afraid of the competition and the powers
that be who have capitulated to such demands.

I love people who complain about our government and never find time to go cast a ballot for the person of their choice. Voting is a Responsiblity that comes with being a FREE Nation .................. The guys with all the answers never vote ! Voter turn-out in a major election is around 40%, that is pitiful ....instead of baiting me, what is your answer ? What a great country we live in that different people can have different opinions, or does that only count when they agree with others opinions ? mas your yankin' my chain, because I write what I feel, I don't ask for anyone's approval, nor do I want it.

Buck....

Of course I'm yankin' your chain! [;)]

And I happen to agree with you...at least in one respect! (Yikes! Now that IS scary!)[:P]

Folks seem to vote for personalities rather than to understand the role of President as a gatre keeper, who either rubber stamps of vetoes bills. And while many complained so loudly about gridlock, with a President from one party and a Congress of another, it insured that the simpe majority could not run their nonsense through the Congress resulting in what we have now.

Instead, the President would veto simple partisan majority whims which forced a bill to assemble 2/3 majority status to pass - meaning that it had to at least have the merit to engender bi-partisan support. Thus only bills which could do this succeeded. And I suggest that we are all better off due to this. And this is exactly what resulted in many of the gains in the 90's.

Gridlock really isn't so bad.

The even scarier aspect of what you speak is that so many of those who will vote will vote for whomever seems to promise the most wonderful 'free' stuff that will mystically fall from the sky into each person's lap instead of the person who will suggest real measures that address real problems that may require a few less 'free' gifts and a little more discipline and responsibility.

In that sense we aren't that much different than watching a Carribean Island elect someone like a Papa or Baby Doc who promises not one, but 3 chickens in every pot and a new car despite the country not having the resources to find a single chicken.

Here we have a generation of boomers ready to retire without adequate resources who will be demanding the government provide more, not less services. And we are upside down with the number of folks demanding more services compared to the number who are paying into the system.

Nevertheless the mantra and the voting blocks will result in increased calls and demands for services and simply pushing the costs forward - just like we did with 'prescription health care reform' in the last Congess - with an unfunded prescription care mandate that literally increased the already existing unfunded mandate 'crisis' constituted largely by SocSecurity from $3T to $8T....yet the cries of many are that they did not go far enough (while we continue to focus on Soc. Security as if it is 'the' crisis). And I suspect that trend has only begun.

So folks have an even bigger responsibility now. They can vote for whomever promises you the most (and for which presumably someone else will pay!) Or they can vote for someone who advocates making the hard fundamental choices.

Now all we have to do is find someone who advocates the hard fundamental choices!

And does anyone know any citizen statesman for whom politics is not simply a lucrative career where they enter without even owning a house and exit multi-millionaires?

Here is where I will agree with your complaint that Big Money does change things - and not for the better. And I lament the seeming dearth of folks for whom character is a larger issue than simply the power and money to be made.

[;)]

just think a Buck/Mas ticketHuh?

Well, I might consider that ....... I will have to do some soul searching first, but that's interesting, don't know if we could co-exist !

After great soul searching, I stick to my first statement: "If nominated I will not run" .....mas would be a better choice than some cranky ol' bass-turd from North Country, New York ........ The Good of my Country comes first to me, besides most won't like me anyway, .... Sorry !!!!