OldBuckster - Take 2

HudsonValleyNoah

Or, Where were you when I needed you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Matched-Pr-Klipsch-Cornwall-Speakers-Walnut-NR_W0QQitemZ120226438594QQihZ002QQcategoryZ14993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know you don't like Ebay but these are prime to be SNIPED!

At least, it looks like thats the way it might go...

What do you think? Ready for a divorce? lol

Later -Noah

beea_1.JPG

I can't get anyone to burn me some Jaco Pastoruis CD's So, I am selling my Cornwalls ? Oh, I just woke up and this is a dream !!!

THOSE ARE NOT MINE ........ Where was that guy in January ? Have no idea who or where they are. I started selling mine and my buddies Klipsch speakers around here, and they are popping up all over ................ As of right now, I have no intention of selling mine. The guy that bought my KG4's has called twice, and offered $1200. for my Cornies ........... nah, I'm not interested ? I would offer mine on the forum first ....... E-spay would be my last, very last choice, I don't ever think it would come to that ..................

Have gave serious thought of selling my Heresy 2's .............. need more thought on that !!!!!!!!

I can't beleive it. It is 6AM as I type. Saw these speakers at 5:30 AM this morning. When I saw Saratoga Springs I thought they had to be yours. Being right in Saratoga if you want a second pair I wouldnt step on your toes. However if you don't want them I am interested in them. Any chance you could contact seller and see if you can go check them out? Reminds me of the time I drove to Pittsburgh to get a pair of Cornwalls and the very next day a pair showed up 40 miles from me.

At first read I thought they were 1981 vintage but after looking at the serial numbers they are actually 1984. I am not that crazy about the K601 plastic mid horns. Let me contact the seller and find out the details. If I can get them for a song I will be headed for Saratoga. If that happens maybe we could meet at starbucks in the village.

If you want, set it up and I'll go take a look for you. I don't understand everyone's not liking the plastic Mid-horn, the crossover is designed for them to sound fine ... but, that's another story. My only comment would be, from the pictures he has posted, they are not up to your usual standard's, they need cabinet work, plus they'll need crossovers, too, but I would go look if you want.

Your right. the cabinets would bother me and I would just end up reselling them. From what I have been able to observe alot of folks prefer the plastic composite mid horns. I like the metal horns because all my other speakers have metal horns. Maybe the guy that wanted your Cornwalls will want them.

I won't tell him, he's on his own ... if you want metal horns, you should hold out for metal horns. I didn't (don't) care about the drivers, I wanted the Plywood cabinets, that was the main requirement for me. I had a budget to include changing crossovers, and pick-up, and lo and behold, I stayed at my budget, pretty good for me. Anytime you need some help outhere, I'm here ..................