Klipsch Cornwall III and tubeamps!

Thuper

Hi!

In my serch for perfect sound in my house, I've recently tried several different amplifiers!

P1190003.jpg

This set up was the first! A 2A3, custom bulit, and an Audio Innovation S1000 preamplifier.

A beautyfull sounding set up. With a nice bass, a amazing midrange, and a treble range that seemed to go on forever...

But it was a bit to sweetsouding for my taste. ZZ Top and blues rock in general didn't have the edge in the sound as I like them to have...

Small jazzgroups sounded amazing, but on bigger bands or rougher kind of music, it just couldn't deliver!

To be continued...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And now it's time for the next...

stologkanne.jpg

This is the Audio Note OTO SE

This was a set up that had everyting the 2A3 set-up lacked... Music was played with a good sounding bass, deep and accurate! The midrange was magic, and treble was nice and crisp! Soundstage was quite large, and quite holographic. This amp had some nice NOS tubes inside... Mullard, Brimar.

An amplifier that played MUSIC! And I enjoyed this amp more than the 2A3 set-up...

To be continued...

Then I tried this...

030208005.jpg

The MAE SET-1. An Norwegian Singel ended tetrode amp. This little fellow has an astonishing midrange! When I lisend to live albums, it was as the artist were in my living room! The drawback is lack of bass, It does not deliver anything below 40hz. But above that... My oh my what an amp! This amp delivers 2x6W of beautiful music! It's quite cheap, and is only sold as a kit.

The drawback is lack of bass, It does not deliver anything below 40hz. But above that... My oh my what an amp! This amp delivers 2x6W of beautiful music!

You know... Klipsch Heresy III, MAE-SET1 and a subwoofer - best of both worlds. great mid and highs, solid, deep bass.

The drawback is lack of bass, It does not deliver anything below 40hz. But above that... My oh my what an amp! This amp delivers 2x6W of beautiful music!

You know... Klipsch Heresy III, MAE-SET1 and a subwoofer - best of both worlds. great mid and highs, solid, deep bass.

well... If you keep an eye on this thread, I'll tell you about the best of both worlds[;)]

The next amp I tried was this beautiful thing!

310108003.jpg

The japanese made Leben CS300. The second best amp I've tried in my set-up so far! Good solid bass, a very good midrange, and the highs were clear and well defined. Female vocals sounded really nice with this amp. When I tried this amp, it had only played for 20h. So I can only guess how good it will be when it's broken in!

A few specs on that Leben CS300 .............. pricing, also !!!!!!!!

CS-300 SPECIFICATIONS

- TUBES EQUIPPED - EL84/6BQ5(SOVTEK) X 4
5751(G.E.) X 2
- OUTPUT POWER - Standard - 12W X 2
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE - 15Hz - 100KHz (-2 dB)
- DISTORTION - 0.7%(10W)
- INPUT SENSITIVITY - 600mV
- INPUT IMPEDANCE - 100K Ohms.
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE - 4/6/8 Ohms (Selectable)
- POWER CONSUMPTION - 65W
- WEIGHT - 10 Kgs.
- DIMENSIONS - 360(W) X 270(D) X 140(H) mm
- ATTACHMENT - Detachable AC Power Cable x 1

As for the price in US... Haven't got a clue! I live in Norway... and it costs 19.000,- Norwegian kroner[:P]

Is there a green stripe on the top and bottom of that Lebon amplifier face plate? Or, is the color of these photos a bit off? Love that big massive table there!

Yes! There is a green stripe! Personally I think this is a beauty of an amp! Seems to be well built. All the knobs and switches have a nice "quality" feel!

ok.. then it's time for one more tubeamp...

210108013.jpg

This is the chineese Music Angel XD800MkIII.

It uses KT88 power tubes, and is the most powerful amp I have had in my set-up. It has 2x60W in pentode stage, and 2x30 in triode.

It has a more rock 'n roll touch than the other amps I've tried! It has a powerful bass, sweet midrange and good treble... It's a dualmono design, and have a impressive stereoimaging. On the Cornwall III's I only uses it in triode. In pentode it has some noise, but it's only on the Cornwall III's. I've tried this on my two other set of speakers, and on them it's completely quiet...

Considering the price of this one, it's a really good deal. It's by far the best chinaamp I've heard.