JL Audio Fathom f113 vs. SVS PB13-Ultra

Kain

LOL

You want to outdisplace a Gotham. Easy,I can do this for a mere $1500(including amp) ! Dual CSS SDX15's and four 18" PR's CSS sells.That is what I am going to do as an hors d'euvre...just to say. My sub will have 55-60% of the displacement of TheBeast ...for $1500.

After...hmmm dual ACOUPOWER 18's with dual 10" ports....TheBEAST ...%90 of its output down deep and same in the audible range.

After...Kevin Haskins new ubber drivers besting the LMS-5400 18's displacement and linearity ...Gotham ...far behind. Crown 's iTech for power. Hmmm no comercial even dares touch this level of performance...Danley DTS 20 included.

DIY ...king of subs. When I will loose my marbles completly... an IB using twelve of the highest displacement drivers money can buy.Here...TheEAR will remain king of my tiny sub world. [:P]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mike,

I was joking,so do not take it the wrong way. [:D]

In other news...

As for this thread it derailed before the thread starter could be helped. Both the Ulta13 and Fathom are very capable subs,bith are well built...edge to the Fathom in built quality. SQ the Ultra 13 will have an edge at high SPL...below 30hz.

Oh yeah? I've got a Timex (it lights up!!) and live paycheck to paycheck. I do however have a homemade IB that'll register 110 dB at 10HZ, 14 feet from the mouth of the IB. Gotham? Sounds like something from a Batman comic book[:P]

Big Smile With only a six digit account I do not last very long,at my rate of spending. LOL A few months and HELP ! I will have to walk around with a "Please give generously to thsi Sub Veteran" .

[:'(]

Ear, I love you man, but I really don't know what went wrong in your life to always need more and better everything than anyone else in the world! Me have more than 6 digits in account! (right) [A] Some people do get impressed. Live your life brother...for yourself, it's not for us to watch.

It really does brighten my day to read your posts!!! But after one like the above filled with nothing but one-up-manship, I feel a little bit sad. No offense intended. I just hope you have people around you who care.

Oh ,and Jay if your lucky you might find a dealer

in your area that might let you just look at a dts 20 or gotham.

Better dress in a suit so you look better so you can fool him, then the salesman may have better interest in you for a sale.

But all you can do is read about them and drool,But  enjoy yourSleep RSW12 since you already have one.

Wow, what a pointless post. Someone seems to be showing a bit of "little man" syndrome. Also, you sound pissed that you have basically been taken advantage of for paying so much money for a sub that isn't any better than ones that are much cheaper.....or at least upset by the fact that someone called you out on your "little man" purchase.

LOL - this is all way to funny.

I personally am a fan of the PB13 -Ultra, very nice unit.

TheEar I respectfully did not involve you in the situation and I expect that you do the same and delete your post of me. Someone called me out on what I can and cannot afford. I know what I can and cannot afford, thank you very much paul. So TheEar if you could kindly delete any references you made of me in this thread.

lakedmb stated ---Taken advantage of for paying so much money for my sub?,Dont we have some jealous people in this forum or what,Now little kids ,Its clear to see reading the posts, from this guy, and others,We all know the Gotham is one of the best subs out there ,admit it, Why cant you say ,Nice sub but you just cant afford it,Why come on here and just throw BS out about JL audio gear.Other people will read your posts and think you are just a complete Jirk off and dont know a thing.Do i go and cut up any of Klipsch subs ? NO ! thats right,I like the rsw 10 rsw12 rsw15.If you cant talk about the topic normal subs,get out of the forum instead of acting like a complete hot head.Oh and Little guy Lakedmb,I am not upset at all buying the Gotham,I know i have something any one would want.Am i upset ,LOL[:D] I could easliy buy 10 of them and right a cheque for them ,and wouldnt be upset at all.

Paul,

I have three JL Audio Fathom subs...THREE. I hold JL Audio in high regard,they are pioneers of high displacement drivers and make some of the finest drivers ,period. Thos who cannot understand this do not know audio much.

What is the beef with most is the PRICE,no matter how much they say they have. The 12W7 and 13W7 variant in the Fathom and Gotham subs is a superb driver,as classic in every respect. The quality of the box in the Gotham beats any sub in integrity (any MDF enclosure no matter how well braced).

It is an exquisite piece of audio gear, no less. Its performance is high,the beef most have again...they can get more output for much less...true. It is the nature of the beast.

Anyone who tries to disqualify the JL subs ,let them show JL how it is done and build a better compact sealed sub. They talk,but talk is cheap.

lakedmb stated ---Taken advantage of for paying so much money for my sub?,Dont we have some jealous people in this forum or what, Not at all, when you try and pounce on every response that you have a gotham. Now little kids oh tough guy there,Its clear to see reading the posts, from this guy, and others,We all know the Gotham is one of the best subs out there says who? ,admit it, Why cant you say ,Nice sub but you just cant afford it because I don't need an e- penis,Why come on here and just throw BS out about JL audio gear.Other people will read your posts and think you are just a complete Jirk its spelled JERK* off and dont know a thing.Do i go and cut up any of Klipsch subs? Yes you did. NO ! thats right,I like the rsw 10 rsw12 rsw15. I think you did when you said you can have fun with your rsw12. If you cant talk about the topic normal subs,get out of the forum instead of acting like a complete hot head Is that your e-penis talking?.Oh and Little guy (paul's e- penis again, I mean ego) Lakedmb,I am not upset at all buying the Gotham,I know i have something any one would want e- penis again.Am i upset ,LOLBig Smile I could easliy buy 10 of them and right a cheque for them INSERT E PENIS CHECKBOOK,and wouldnt be upset at all.

It is the same story everywhere you go...

a $5,000 Camaro with $5,000 worth of engine and suspension mods might go as fast 0-60 as a $230,000 Ferrari

or a $10 case of beer will get you just as drunk as a $2,000 bottle of whiskey

Some people are fine with the beer and Camaro even if they could afford the better options, others find it worth the cost to buy the whiskey and Ferrari event if they can't afford it. Most of us are somewhere in between.

Doug

Oh Mr penis head, user_IsOffline.gifJay481985 I think i got you all upset about having a Gotham,You mention penis quite often i notice.You must have many moments playing with your Penis ,LOL.And for spelling corrections,You may correct them for me,Please ask if the Ear would like his posts error corrected as well,I do notice mistakes in many posts from others also,But I dont go and make a fool of a member,As for the Ear ,Thank you for educating the fabrication and quality in JL audio.Jay I can see has no knowledge in this product or other audio.

7 th grader went out to buy a 11G + tax Gotham,Nice to see Jay cant sleep at night knowing some one has something better than him.Do I see you are a touch jealious,What does it matter if i show you or not? You must eat your meat and grow up buddy ! Then we can feed you your pudding.