Jubilee question

bigdnfay

Thanks guys, I feel a weekend project coming on. One more question, glued or stapled?

Big D

Hey Big D

Actually there is no need for glue or stapels. The 1" foam panels support themselves within the chamber and so they just lay in the chamber. The foam is divided into four pieces so that two pieces install from each access door reaching down about halfway of the chamber and then each piece folds over at the access door opening thus creating a double thickness (about 2") at the door opening.

mike tn[:)]

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could recommend a good source for !" acoustic open cell foam. I've searched the WWW for a half-way decent price. Most have a minimum order. I found 45 sq ft(10'x54"x1") for $99.00, but the shipping is half that cost. To my door is $150.00. Another company, 8-2'x4'x1' panels for about the same. I didn't realize this product was so expensive. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Big D

Coytee,

Thanks for the pics. They will help alot.

Consistent,

I'm using 2-K-31-E 12" drivers in each cab. I'm assuming the E stands for Eminence.

I found a pretty good source for the open-cell foam in case anyone is interested:

McMaster-Carr Ph# 404-629-6500 Atlanta

Part# 5692T15 catalog page # 3424..... 54" wide x 1" thick x custom length....$9.30 per foot and shipping is reasonable.

Big D

Cheers...If I may, who makes the mid driver?

Interesting phrasing of a question...

(now you're going to see why my wife wants to slap me at times)

I believe that Klipsch builds the mid driver. I think it's called the 1132 or something like that. It is used in the THREE way version of the Jubilee. I don't think this is what you're really asking though. (this is where my wife would slap me)

I think you're really asking who makes the tweeter driver? Don't forget that in our typical 2-way formats, we DROP the midrange driver and utilize the tweeter driver on the midrange horn. So we don't really have a mid driver.

We use the K-69 driver and all I know about it is, it says "Klipsch" on the back and also, "Made in ______" (right now I forget but it's NOT made in the USA)

So the answer is, if you are talking about a 3-way version, then the manufacturer of the driver is Klipsch. If you are talking about the 2-way version then I don't know.

[:P]

I find that this driver seems to be a carefully guarded secret

Dunno about that either... as I understand it, it's a clone of a B&C driver. Bob Riff has the B&C drivers on his K510 horns. I do not know the number on the B&C driver but I've seen it bantered about once/twice. No one was hiding anything as I saw it.

My guess (since I never saw the backside to view the numbers) the B&C driver is one of these http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&WebPage_ID=3&Start=2&searchorderby=1&Manufacturer=327&sm=1&so=1

Perhaps Bob (or someone else in the know) can confirm which one?

I picked the above drivers because I overheard someone once say that Bob got the drivers "that cost $400" beyond that, I don't know much about them