Slight slight slight buzz on certain frequencies?

OmegaX3000

Now, I have to say, that I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 ..... However... there is something odd I just kinda notice about them. On certain sound frequencies, the tweeter seeems to make this buzzy kinda noise. It's hard to define... like some guitar parts in songs make them.... some piano notes make them... it's just a slight... "buzzy" noise. Anyone else have this "problem" or is the problem my sound source, etc? This occurs with a CD copy or MP3 copy of say a certain song. For example, "Sullen Girl" by Fiona Apple. Any ideas?

You sometimes get that with string/percusion instruments like guitars and pianos. some call it tweeter overload... i call it EQ overload Smile.gif just turn the higher frequencies on your equalizer down a bit in teh treble (14Khz and up) and you should be just fine. worked for me anyhow.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

Some people also call that a defective set. Many people here have complain of that same exact crackling sound on piano notes. Get ready to join the ranks in promedial hell!

just go away bigloosa.

turn down the EQ and everything will be fine.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by slingblade:

Justin, I appreciate your input, and I'm sure your girlfriend is wonderful

that she is! Smile.gif 8 months february 8th since we started dating, we met on an airplane easter sunday of 2001 from DFW (airport called Dallas Love (hehehe), seriously!) to Houston. quite an interesting story really.... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 02-02-2002 at 10:44 PM

• 2 weeks later...

But anyway, I had the same problem as you did with certain freqs. This may sound stupid, but with me, it was the sound reverbriating all the clutter on my desk! I cleaned up my desk and the annoying crap went away. Beleive me, I freaked out at first, sounded like it came from the speaker, did some hunting around to get a "FIX", found out it was my loose change and car keys on my desk. Ive keeped my desk cleaned and have no annoying buss at all. For me it was a DUH!

when i first got my v2.400's, i thought i blew the sub when i heard this TERRIBLE crackling and gagging of the sub... turns out my algebra homework got sucked against the port and was being vibrated like crazy, whew! i was scared for a moment LoL!

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>