Buying Cornwalls direct???

CHAD9174

I will be purchasing a pair of Cornwall III's soon.Can anyone explain why purchasing speakers direct from Klipsch costs the same as purchasing through an authorized dealer?? Usually, purchasing direct from the source is less expensive than going through a middleman? And why does Klipsch not offer financing. Several of their authorized dealers offer some pretty tempting finance options....0% for 12 months, free shipping etc. And most of the authorized dealers have items in stock so lead times are much shorter. What gives??? I think their should be some benefits of buying direct, but I can't see any.

I would think that Klipsch would move more product if there were some sort of benefit from buying direct, weather it be financing options, consecutive serial #'s, better price...something. Just a thought.

as i understand it klipsch is selling them direct from the factory to people who do not have a dealer in their area. if you don't want to order them from the online dealers just order them direct from klipsch and be done with it. can't get any better service than that. my local dealer who ordered my cornwall 3's for me said it would take 4 weeks to get them built, actually they came in 3 weeks. i don't think to many dealers have heritage speakers in stock. they are usually built to order. good luck on your order you will love them. i bought 4 of them and just added a heresy 3 for my center . it is one sweet setup.

if you do have a local dealer in your area see what he can do for you on the price and the financing. and since they are built to order they will come in consecutive serial numbers. all 4 of mine are consecutive numbers.

Just about all of the authorized on line dealers I've seen, Vanns,onecall,etc. claim to have them in stock, and will ship (free) within 24-48 hrs. I live in Amarillo TX 4- 5 hrs away from the nearest heritage dealer. If it were cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer, or they offered some sort of incentive like financing or consecutive serial #'s, it would make it a lot easier for me to pull the trigger. $3500.00 is a bunch of money for me to spend on speakers I've never heard.

Thanks for your comments Budman.

Chad, if you have never heard them what made you select the cornwall 3 ???? once you hear them you will be like the rest of us here who are hooked on horns. are you going to use them for 2 channel and over time add more to make a 5.1 system. for a couple hundred more you could get 5 heresy 3's and have the nicest system in texas. just my 2cents.

I first got exposed to the Heresy's back in the 80's at my cousin's house. He later bought a pair of La Scala's, and I've been jealous ever since. The reason I'm interested in the Cornwall's, is because they are the big brother to the Heresy's, and have a better LF response than the La Scala's. I also like the fact that you can practically put the Cornwall's up against the wall (from what I've been told). For now it will be a 2 channel system, but yes, in time, my goal is to have a complete heritage HT system that will rock the paint off the walls!!! I thought the Cornwall's would be a good start. I don't know much about the subject, so any recommendations will be appreciated.

If it were cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer

My opinion only but I don't think they'd want to undersell the retailers they DO have out there so they (the company) would be selling at the 'full' price. Mind you, I've got NO idea how dealers might be pricing them that's just a general observation for manufacturers in general when dealing with the public and trying to support their dealers.

Good luck on what ever you decide, hard to go wrong

As someone eariler stated...........

1. The Ease of Ordering Directly from Klipsch.

2. Delivery to your Door.

3. Your state May be one, that doesn't charge tax..............

4. Simple straight forward, easy way to purchase Directly from Klipsch.

If it were cheaper to buy direct from the manufacturer

My opinion only but I don't think they'd want to undersell the retailers they DO have out there so they (the company) would be selling at the 'full' price. Mind you, I've got NO idea how dealers might be pricing them that's just a general observation for manufacturers in general when dealing with the public and trying to support their dealers.

Good luck on what ever you decide, hard to go wrong

Very good point Richard. That is exactly right. For the Heritage dealers who have signed up and are displaying Klipsch Heritage on their sales floor, we can't undercut them on price or there would quickly be NO Heritage to hear at any dealer. We support our dealer network.

Might I add that buying directly from Klipsch the speakers have been shipped, handled and stored less so there is less chance for a mishap. Seems some carriers are keen on dropping the Heresies, which does not damage the box but can cause damage.

The Klipsch Direct program builds your cabinet from your order in Hope Arkansas, USA. We've gotten the time down from 4-6 weeks to 2. I don't know how those boys whittle that quick!

Michael

Hey Chad,

Nice to see another Klipschster in the panhandle of Texas. I'm in Amarillo as well and have an all Heritage HT set up and a Klipsch 2 channel set up. I don't have Cornwall III's but do have Cornwall II's in the mix. I'm using the Cornwalls for the center and side surrounds, using Belles for mains. Using Khorns in the 2 channel set up. If you would like to come listen, just hollar.

Hey Chad,

Nice to see another Klipschster in the panhandle of Texas. I'm in Amarillo as well and have an all Heritage HT set up and a Klipsch 2 channel set up. I don't have Cornwall III's but do have Cornwall II's in the mix. I'm using the Cornwalls for the center and side surrounds, using Belles for mains. Using Khorns in the 2 channel set up. If you would like to come listen, just hollar.

There you go. A wonderful offer you would be remiss to pass up before pulling the trigger. We all love Klipsch but ultimately your ears make the decision and we're happy what ever way you go. Hear them and then make up your mind.