Cornwall Roadtrip

tuned4life

I sold my last pair of Cornwalls to a Canadian last Sept. I sold them to pay front row Neil Young Tickets. I really regreted selling them. I just got home from picking up a pair of 1976 CWO Cornwall's in Erie Pa. 280 mile round trip. Snowed all the way there and back. They aren't as nice as the last pair I owned. The trilogy is complete. they are a perfect match for my 1976 K horns and 1976 LaScala's. The grill cloth is the same as my K Horns. No chips or dents or peeling veener. There is a scratch on the top of one and a scratch on the side of the other. Bought them from the original owner for 750.00. the camara flash shows the outline of the woofer through the grill cloth but looking at them you can't see it. I have 1/4 inch glass for the tops that I saved. They are going to end up in a 10 x 10 bedroom. Havent had a chance to give them a good listen but they sounded pretty good in Erie. I was pretty nervous because we had to carry them up 20 stairs. Got them loaded in the back of my Camry wagon with no mishaps. Not perfect but pretty darn nice.

post-18012-13819366655784_thumb.jpg

Hey Doug,

Great to hear you're back in the Cornwall Business. I listen to the II's I bought off you everyday of my life. I updated the crossover caps in the II's and it really opened them further and enhanced the imaging precision. The change in the sound of the 1986 cornwalls after recapping was relatively small compared to the HUGE change in recapping the 1979 Heresys. Those when from having cotton balls stuck in the horns to being wide open like cornwalls.

You know you still need 1976 Heresys and 1976 Belle's to complete the quintology, right?

I was born in 1976.

How was Neil in NYC?

Hey Kimball, Hope all is well with you and your wife. I never made it to see Neil in NYC. I never got the tickets.I was pretty disappointed. I have been reading the comments after every show on the Euro tour. He sure has changed the set list alot since 11/30/07 in Buffalo. He is going back to Europe this summer. I am hoping He stretches it out for a second leg in the states like he did on the Greendale tour. I really hope he releases live CD. I can't describe how much I enjoyed "No Hidden Path". . 600 songs plus and still going strong.

Hey Doug,

Great to hear you're back in the Cornwall Business. I listen to the II's I bought off you everyday of my life. I updated the crossover caps in the II's and it really opened them further and enhanced the imaging precision. The change in the sound of the 1986 cornwalls after recapping was relatively small compared to the HUGE change in recapping the 1979 Heresys. Those when from having cotton balls stuck in the horns to being wide open like cornwalls.

You know you still need 1976 Heresys and 1976 Belle's to complete the quintology, right?

I was born in 1976.

How was Neil in NYC?

It's good to be on the road again, isn't it Doug? Snow and all, it's still a great adventure. I kinda knew you'd be sorry to sell those last Cornwalls, nearly everyone is who sells their beloved CW's. Those look pretty sweet, what's the grille fabric- is that cane or brown?

All 1976's that's pretty cool. That's the year I graduated from high school.

And I hear ya on those glass tops. I just got another set cut for my black CWIII's.

Peace bro,

M

That right speaker has been moving some air, hasn't it. Can see it by the ports and by the 15. Which group mixes their records so the bass guitar is only on the right channel?

Doug, sorry to hear you didn't get the tickets for NYC. I know it would have made you very happy to use that backstage pass during this tour!

The grill fabric is brown. It was good to get out on the road. Pretty easy road trip compared to going to Chicago for the lascalas. I took off a back panel to see what drivers I got. k77 alinco tweeter, K55V mids, K33E woofers with B crossovers. I am going to have to contact BEC and find out what a set of his B crossovers woud set me back.

It's good to be on the road again, isn't it Doug? Snow and all, it's still a great adventure. I kinda knew you'd be sorry to sell those last Cornwalls, nearly everyone is who sells their beloved CW's. Those look pretty sweet, what's the grille fabric- is that cane or brown?

All 1976's that's pretty cool. That's the year I graduated from high school.

And I hear ya on those glass tops. I just got another set cut for my black CWIII's.

Peace bro,

M