heresy question

montegro23

its really unbeleivable that so many of these are tampered with..its really a complicated and technical issue when u go to buy these..so many variables......BSUfbfan i think the Y in that serial number means those are the heresy II's if im not mistaken.. as far as the k-55 drivers... G Kennedy said that they started changing over those drivers in the late Heresy I's. so it could very well be stock equipment.. im just not sure if those are heresy I's or II's

i think the Y in that serial number means those are the heresy II's if im not mistaken.. as far as the k-55 drivers...

No, the Heresy I have the K-55, K-77, and K-22. Then as Groomlake stated they started changing them in '82 or '83, even though the Heresy I date from 1957 to 1985. Then the Heresy II date from 1985 to 2005 and the Heresy III date from 2006 to current.

James

I forgot to add the "Y" is from 1983, so it is a Heresy I.

Yep ..... James is right ... Heresy I .. visually ... the driver bolt from the inside, to the motherboard and the backs are removable

Heresy II the drivers bolt on from the front(outside) and the backs are NOT removeable ...

Some one correct me if I am wrong ... but I am pretty sure, it is impossible to take a photo of a Heresy II from the rear, showing the drivers, as the back of the speaker does not come off.

the ones above are Heresy I ... but late model, with the 77/53 combo ... Nothing wrong with those speakers ... they look super clean ..... $300-$350 ... buy them and be real happy.... they may not have they collector value of the 77/55, but they will sound awesome for years to come.

If you ask the OLDER Heritage guys...they say the 76- 78 were the best years for wood and drivers... And also when Paul was still around too, and active as well. That opinion is from the guys that worked at that time making them. The dark rosewood IMO is the prettiest non special K horn ever done.

That said... I would love to see the 60th compared to those years too. I would have to think the sound is better. We have better testing of drivers and x overs at this time to make it so.

People forget Paul W Klipsch changed the k horn something like over 60 times... Various drivers... and mid horns etc., etc., tweeters..too

Don't get too hung up in it all..

Clearly sometimes runs came with newer drivers that hoped to be better or were not in reality. $$ issues or other supplier issues too.

The bottom line is this, how does it SOUND to you?

I have Birch Raw Hereseys I bought over 30 years ago. In a sealed cabinet, they look brand new! And to my eays.. Sound just like they did back then as well. I have also heard "Heresey II" speakers that to me, sounded so bad I would never have them in my house.

Your asking the right questions.. Just not so sure the answer helps you. LOL

I had some heresy II's a while ago, and i thought my kg 4.2's blew them away. But when i look back on it and have come along way in speaker knowledge i realize its because i had them hooked up to a denon 1803. I went to sell them for 250 and ppl were jumping all over it..i was wondering why all the fuse..these speakers suck LOL . Now over time i realize i made a misake getting rid of them.. ive got to get them back..But this time its going to be the earlier ones...im looking at these (locally) what do you guys think ? http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSH-HERESY-LOUDSPEAKER-SYSTEM-EXCELLENT-SOUND-PAIR_W0QQitemZ180226003133QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180226003133... he says its all original

They look in decent shape, originally raw birch (HBR) that someone has stained in walnut. Local pick up is highly preferable, so you don't risk shipping damage. Seller has many positive feedbacks, so there shouldn't be any concern over trustworthiness. His Buy-It-Now is a little high for the birch model. You might contact him and offer a lower but decent price, with the mutual benefit of local pick up, which will save him the effort and materials for shipping, and he may end the auction early at a price you are comfortable with. It won't jeopardize anything to try. They will probably go for between $375 and $500 if the auction proceeds as usual.

Problem here is, everyone thinks what they own is the Best Choice, not really a fair take on things, is it ? When I first got my H2's, I wanted to take them back, but time proved me wrong !!!!!!!!!!! .... The best sounding, un-modified Heresy's, are the Heresy III's ..............

wish i could blow my wad on the III's old buck but im a bargain hunter...have two kids, i have to be. ive had at least 15 klipsch floor speakers and as many center bookshelf and subs. All were purchased at bargain prices...My first speakers I bought new were CF-2's i paid a big bank note on those but when i went to sell them there was no market..i didnt get but 300 bucks for them...i said never again will i spend that much on new gear. and seeing that i always like to change speakers and hear new sounds Its better i just wait and find good deals.

I sure would love to hear those III's though. they look sweeet

wish i could blow my wad on the III's old buck but im a bargain hunter

I know what you are saying, but think about it, say you found a nice pair of H2's for $400., had to ship them,$100., old and needs crossovers say,$200., that's about, give or take, $700. you'd have minimum in them, for a couple hundred more, you could find H 3's ......... That's why I bought new, just something to think about .............. It's all how you look at it, you would have a 15 to 20 year run of just listening to them. You have to do what's best for you ............ be careful buying used, oops, I mean pre-owned !!!!!!!!