New - Super "C" Walls (Super Cornwalls)

Catbo

GaryO75, How did the PC50 horn adapter work out for you?

GaryO75 wrote the following post at Mon, Apr 21 2008 9:13 AM:

I think I have found a one piece adapter that will do what needs to be done to join the Atlas driver to the Goldwood horn. Go to www.speakercity.com, then click on the P-Audio logo. In their listing of company sectors, go the the P-Audio Adapters, and scroll down to the PC50. It's a one piece unit that looks like it should do the job. I have a couple of them coming to me to experiment. I'll let you know how it goes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that sounds excellent catbo

I decided to go with the same driver set up you did, I have not built the cabinets as of yet, want to give Bob a call and ask him about crossing over at 500 and 4000kz instead of 4500. Being that the tweeter manufacturers recommended crossover point is 3500 Hz and it looks like the Atlas compression driver starts to peter out after 4100hz, I'm just not sure why the crossover point seems always to be 4500hz? or am I just splitting hairs?

The inexpensive plastic female adapter for the Atlas driver to make it receive a 2 inch horn from partsexpress actually seems plenty strong enough.

Looking at these drivers, I've wondered the very same. I'm very interested in this design and love the looks of this Super C. I'm thinking about building a set for myself too. I don't see anything available like this from Klipsch, it would be great to have the bass of the cornwall and the larger horn combo, surprised Klipsch hadn't come up with this design before all these CornScalas showed up. Sounds like Bob Crites should have the answer to the crossover points and where best to? I saw the plastic adapter on partsexpress but sure wish they would have a metal one. I'll have to find out about the other adapter listed here, if that would work or not? (P-Audio PC50 Adapt) It looks long and might be cutting it close to the cabinet size? Any one try that one yet?

Thanks for sharing that picture dmonte, it looks like you have it mounted nicely with the screws. I'll check out the adapter. Strange, Selenium makes the male horn adapter out of aluminum (Selenium ADM25-25 Horn Adapter) but makes the female horn adapter (Selenium ADF25-25 Horn Adapter) out of plastic. I've hunted all over the internet for horn adapters but selections seem very limited these days, looks like the Selenium ADF25-25 is the only choice I have to make sure it will fit inside.

• 3 weeks later...

looking forward to seeing your finished product jit.clint.

I also have everything I need , waiting for the weather to cool down a bit in Jersey to start building the cabs With my neighbor.

Bob's crossovers have a beautiful simplicity to them, can't quite understand why some three-way crossovers are very involved and have sooooooo much on them. Bob's smell good also[:D]

post-28009-1381939352057_thumb.jpg

Bob does make some nice crossovers!! I am the only person on the planet that doesn't own a digital camera. I have no pictures but the building is coming along. It will look just like the post pictures design that Catbo speakers look like, exactly. I've cut all the wood and have the speakers glued in place and tomorrow with the weekend here, I will be able to put in more time, things are movin along.

• 4 weeks later...

Great speakers! It sounds great, is in a different league than my cornwall and klipschorn speakers. Rounded open detailed sound, clean, clear, lifelike. Well worth the effort to build these! Slightly more relaxed than Klipschorn but more full rounded, yet BIG sound like Klipschorn.

Gret woodworking man! For an "amateur" you do better work than I do! And I've been do this stuff for at least 2 years now, which is plenty of time to get good at it. But I have to go back to an earlier post you made. The guy with the Klipsch Heritage clones, you've got a pic of his Belle clone on top of a subwoofer that looks like a clone of a VMPS Larger Sub. Just thought I'd mention that...

Bass, just wanted to add that the bass is large, full, front firing, tight, clean, clear, accurate, no boomy sound. Best clean, clear bass I've heard.

I get very good bass but after break-in period the bass seemed to become even more big, open, more thump. break in could be all in my head, could be my head breaking in? Lovin these speakers.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys. I have been out for a while; family situations that demanded attention, but things have settled down now. Regarding those elusive PC50 adapters, I wasn't able to get anything from Speakercity.com (except aggravation). However, I was able to locate a supplier in England who had the exact same thing.

I have received 6 of the adapters, and will be using 2 for the pair of Cornscalas I am building. They cost me about $30.00 each; they are a nicely milled piece of aluminum. The Atlas PD-5VH screws into them just fine, and they mate perfectly with the Goldwood GM-450PB horn.

I checked the overall depth, and from the front lip of the horn to the back of the Atlas driver, overall measurement is about 14". The CS I am building will be 16" deep, with the motorboard flush on the front. All the speakers/horn assemblys will be inset flush with surface of the motorboard.

If anyone needs a set of the adapters, let me know. You'd need to cover my costs and shipping so I can break even on these adapters.

• 1 year later...