I am Legend movie

InVeNtOr

i just watched this last night and it was a good movie. those of you who can make their own demo disks i would rent this movie and put the opening scene with will smith driving the mustang. it sounded great with all the revs and power sliding.

thats all, just my 2 cents

I watched it over the weekend too and jumped out of my seat more than once. Pretty good movie.

I heard there was an alternate ending but couldn't find it on my "rented" copy. Any chance I just missed it? I still have the DVD at home and I'd like to watch it tonight if I can. Any thoughts? I tried every option and it just didn't seem to be there.

how do you see the alternate ending? my rented disk didn't have one. i will admit, it was a different will smilth charater. remember "Devils Advocate?" when Keanu steeped out of the building and NYC was deserted....that was creeeeeeepy

An enjoyable movie, I like the concept, I like how they spent time of his lonelyness but the weak point was the "Vampires". The CGI just did not work for me in the close ups and so while the sense were still tense, they lost something. Also these Vampires were human at one point. Don't know about you, but if I propelled my skull through a 1 inch plate of steel, well it would not end well for me. Also I liked the ending of the book better.

Being a Mustang fan (my bride drives a '96 Laser Red, SVT Cobra) I had to run out an buy this one after work today when I read you guys' recommendations at lunch. I opted for the 2-disc version that has the theatrical version along with the standard release.It was $24.99 at Best Buy and the single disc version was $19.99 (Blu-Ray was over $30). I've heard both good and bad about this movie but I was looking for another good home theater demo sequence and the beginning sounded good. I'll let you guys know what I think of the movie after I get the change to view it. Thanks for the post. -Glenn

We watched this tonight. Man, what an intense movie. I was so intensely enthralled. Too much at times. I'm a sucker for cats and dogs, so a couple parts really got to me. Out of so many stupid stories and movies out there, this one really stood out as an acheivement in my eyes. Like Meet the Robinsons was so much more than it might have been, this movie is as well. Really makes you think. Rocked me to the core. Similar effect to the first time I saw Braveheart, and back when I was 9, Back to the Future. I'm talking about the way the movie can grasp your mind and change the way you think, at least for a while afterwards.

Great movie, maybe not a party film, but still a worthy experience.

Update: I watched the opening scene last night. JUST the opening scene, as I want to wait until Verna has the time to sit down and watch the entire movie with me some evening real soon.

Commenting only on the opening sequence here: I used my top, benchmark reference level setting of -10 db on my Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi receiver as I do with most of my other DVDs. And. although I think that the folks who mixed the scene did a stellar job in recreating the (believable) resounding echoes of the Cobra's exhaust notes off the tall buildings forming cavernous streets of the New York cityscape, alas, the overall impact of the volume at that benchmark level was disappointing for me. It was almost as if the sound editors were so hell-bent on geting the echoes right that they forgot to add back in enough of the car's direct sound. That's too bad. It does makes those echoes sound much like they came from a ghostly, non-existent car, rather than from one that was real. Perhaps, that was their intent?

However, the scene's other effects, such as when the lioness surprisingly leaps into the scene to ensnare the buck in it's teeth, that sudden roar and impact is surprisingly loud and effective enough to have made me jump in my seat a bit. Nice! Also, the whine of the car’s roots-type supercharger in the scenes shot from within the car’s interior are quite effective and realistic.

Not to lessen any opinions of the movie, I am looking very much forward to watching the remainder of this movie as it potentially looks like a really good one. I would probably hesitate in using the opening scene as a theater demo for my purposes as I have other clips that I think provide a more provocative impact on a first time viewer, such as the gunfight scene of the wonderful cowboy film, “Open Range”. That scene really demonstrates a system’s dynamic range and capabilities. The gunshots are amazingly realistic and believable. Most first-time viewers gasp as that first shot hammers-out! What fun!

I wasn't able to download the authorized digital copy of the movie on the 2nd disc to my computer. It kept asking me to install the lastest Windows Media player, which I have done twice now. I have 11 installed. So, I don't know what's up with that. I'll continue to investigate. Anyone else have the same problem? -Glenn

Verna and I watched the movie last night and we both thought it was very good and a lot better than what some folks had told us. It was exciting and had us on the edge of our seats a few times. Now we need to watch the other disc with the alternative ending. -Glenn