Unlikely duo touring

Tom Adams

Tom, they have an album out. There was areasonably long thread about it some time back. I still have to pick it up, but I have liked what I heard. Actually was very impressed with the lower key material of Plant. It's pretty mellow, certainly not bluegrass...

You can hear some of the cuts off the CD here (links open in new page):

http://www.rounder.com/index.php?id=album.php&musicalGroupId=7773&catalog_id=7038

And their web site:

http://www.robertplantalisonkrauss.com/site.php

Bruce

The both sound wonderful and he still gets my wife ... worked up.

The album is getting pricey as it's out of print for months, see one on eBay for $81 with a day to go. The concert tour has sold very well. We live in Tampa and finally bought tickets to go see them in Birmingham. The have a show on CMT that you can probably still find to record, maybe a Storytellers show. It's quite good. She sings When The Levee Breaks and he does The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn. Duet on Black Dog and many others.

Yeah I think it is actually one of the Crossroads shows on CMT or MHD. I like the MHD channel because most of the stuff is broadcast in 5.1. They have some pretty good pairings on the Crossroads shows. I think my favorites are Lindsey Buchingham/ Little Big Town-- plus the ladies for LBT are super hot, and Los Lonely Boys/Ronnie Milsap. All very talented musicians on those shows.

(tom dusts the sand off his head and says.......)

Thanks for the info and the commentary. I too like both of them (especially Alison) and will keep an eye out for their CD. And like someone else here said, I didn't notice the previous thread about them. What triggered me was an alert from Ticketmaster about them being in Atlanta.

Tom