RF35 or RF82?

nezff

A rookie here. I also am looking at the 82's with the center. (Have to wait for the sub and surrounds.) Anyone here have any good or bad about the 82's and my debated RC-52 vs RC-62. As far as receiver, probably can only afford something like the Yamaha 661 or 663, or 861/863 at the top end. Any advice for an idiot would be welcome.

Dude, I wish. I had to sell the wife on this. Not easy since a baby grand piano and a drum set for twin 9 year old boys just came into my future. She just fell in love with the 82's at the store (right next to the 63's, thank God). I've read alot of you and your brethren's posts and respect your input. Thanks in advance.

Nezff,

When I wrote my eariler post I didn't realize you already had RF 62's........... that being said, I really don't think you'll achieve 200.00 more enjoyment from the 82 VS 62's. Now if you were jumping to the RF 83 I say go for it. Thus my comment below: Good Luck.

I am assuming you bought from an authorized Dealer? Just take them back. Even with a restocking fee, it's better than waitng to see IF you can find a buyer...............Just an Idea.

Thanks fellas. I'm actually taking the wife to hear them today and might be buying. Any tips on pricing off retail. I want the retailer to make a fair gross, but I don't want to get raped either. What do you think is fair. I have been there a couple of times and their service is good. Any help would be good. Pretty novice at HT.

• Moderators

Many have suggested between 15% and 25% off and occassionally up to 30%, depending on how bad they want or need to sell the items. What dealer are you looking at over near Tampa? I only found one place over there (in Lutz) I believe. I wasn't too impressed with their setup. Looked really nice, sounded ok. They had the RF82's hooked up to Sony ES products.

Many have suggested between 15% and 25% off and occassionally up to 30%, depending on how bad they want or need to sell the items. What dealer are you looking at over near Tampa? I only found one place over there (in Lutz) I believe. I wasn't too impressed with their setup. Looked really nice, sounded ok. They had the RF82's hooked up to Sony ES products.

It's a Sound Advice near the stadium. Spent about an hour there. (We were the only ones in the whole store). Glad I brought her. She fell in love with the 63's. I am freakin' stoked.