1/4 " plate glass for Klipschorns

tuned4life

i made a template of my k-horn tops out of cardboard years ago for mine and never did get a set made. next week i will be on a road trip to pickup a mint set of 04 k-horns with boxes. you can bet i will have glass tops for them made before i set them up. i have the glass tops for my 4 corns and my belle center. i also use the 1/4 round velcro tabs so the glass doesn't actually sit on the wood. i've had my 86 cherry veneer k-horns for close to 20 years now ( knock on wood ) without incident.

Looks very nice.

I also purchase glass tops for my Heresy, Corns, and my RF-83's. The RF-83's are setup my the living room and I didn't want people to put anything on the tops that would scratch them up. All (6) pieces of glass cost me about $120 from a local glass place.

James

I have the same on my LSBR's, CW's in the main room, and my CW III's in the gallery. 1/4" is fine, have the corners knocked off (so they're not sharp), and the edges ground or sanded. It need not be tempered glass, this only adds to the cost. I think it's about $30 per CW, $40 per LS for this.

YES, definitely use 'disk tabs' which are the nickel sized hard plastic discs. I put them on the corners and about every 12" so 6 will do a CW and 8 for a LS. You want air between the glass and wood. And definitely let any oil or windex completely dry before assembling. I've been using this for over a year with no damage to the wood. It's saved many a coffee cup or soda pop ring. My friends don't know what coasters are for apparently....