Multitrack Digital Audio...

Marvel

I've wanted to post about this gear for a while, as it isn't heard of much by the general public. Twenty-four tracks of 24 bit/192Khz recording... and up. Much of what you might hear on the radio has been recorded on RADAR systems. Their list of users is incredible. Of course, you might think it all sounds bad, but I think that isn't the fault of the gear. Ahhhhh, the price matches the technology, too. A view of the back looks like most PCs, except for all the custom electronics stuffed into the case.

http://www.izcorp.com/radar-v-snyquist.php

Really impressive stuff. Under the community tab, you can see lots of the groups who have used this equipment for their albums.

Bruce

post-7149-1381936770912_thumb.jpg

Dee, I think the 24 track with 192Khz is around $19K. Not for the faint of heart, or just to play. You would be going into business with this kind of gear. But you would still need the main console, studio space, and all the outboard gear, too. Microphones, etc. Then you need a business plan that is viable. You need a manager for the business, and clients.

Dee, I think the 24 track with 192Khz is around $19K. Not for the faint of heart, or just to play. You would be going into business with this kind of gear. But you would still need the main console, studio space, and all the outboard gear, too. Microphones, etc. Then you need a business plan that is viable. You need a manager for the business, and clients.

Fairly sophisticated technology read! Sounds like it does what it designed to do well. Almost has to be cost-effective. I'll venture cost is!

Thanks!

I had read about the DSD multitrack recorders, and lost the info. Here is a link to one of the few companies producing multitracks using the Direct Stream Digital, at 2.8Mhz. The pricing is appropriately higher.

http://www.superaudiocenter.com/Products.htm

Even Mallette would love the transparency of these. [;)]

The MOTU 896HD is a great piece of gear, and their converters have a great reputation. What software are you using? We are using Cubase at the college where I work (Music Dept. composition class). If I were going to go into the recording business, I would be looking for some backers (read money!) and try to go all out. Since a 24 track Studer would cost way more than the RADAR system, I don't think it is unreasonable at all. The Sonoma system pushes $100K, but it's using the DSD technology, and should be as transparent as it gets for now.

A good friend of mine usually records at a studio in SanDiego that is using a high end Pro Tools rig, and his tracks come out incredibly clean and real sounding. Imaging on his mixes are superb.

I'm sitting here with a single 20 bit ADAT, and I can't get off my butt to record anything. It's hard to perform and engineer at the same time, but it is more the lack of initiative... [*-)]

Bruce