Roy Delgado - On Wheels ?

ka7niq

No "one size fits all God" like the Europeans, LOL

But the TRUE God isn't just a God of the Europeans. If you ask, I am sure Roy (and a few others here) would be happy to tell you about Him. [Y]

Bruce

Not even using the Moscode 600 at the moment, bi amped CF 3's don't need any "tricks or tubes"

Using the pre outs of an Onkyo 919 THX and it;s own amps to run the horns, and a Copy of a Yamaha Pro Sound Solid State Amp to run the dual 10 inch NEO Magnet Woofers in the CF 3's.

I was told by a pro sound tech friend that my amp was a current mirror, whatever that means ?

Said it looked like a Yamaha Pro Sound amp ?

It is a cheap EBay amp called a Dvd audio.

I like it because it has level controls front mounted with marked numbers and indents.

Plus, it is more sensitive then the Onkyo 919's amps.

This means it drives the dual 10 " woofer/mids harder, but I can throttle it back.

IMHO, it really is too bad Klipsch is married to autoformers.

It is also my opinion that the horn on the CF series speakers is running a little too hot.

You almost HAVE to wall or corner mount the CF 3's and CF 4's I have owned, or the sound is too aggressive for MY tastes.

Even wall mounted, it is "better", but no where near as good as being able to control the level of the horn.

IF Klipsch would have simply placed a good quality L Pad, or precision resistor attenuator to turn down that God Darn Horn, the CF series speakers would probably still be made.

I really WONDER what happened with this design ?

I WONDER if Klipsch got screwed by a parts vendor, and got an autoformer with a little too much level, and NOT what Roy wanted ?

Once you hear a CF 3 or CF 4 with it's Horn Level right, you will see what Roy HAD in store for us.

I am vacillating between floor mounting the speakers, or putting them up on stands so the center of the horn is firing RIGHT at my ear level ?

Up on stands places your ears right in the center of the array.

I saw a measurement of the CF 3 and CF 4 speaker from INFINITY.

An Infinity Engineer sent them to me.

It showed a 3 to 5 db spike around 10 - 14 K !!

MAYBE that is why Roy deliberately placed the horn lower then ear level ?

Anyway, I WISH the elusive Roy, DBA The "Bodcaw Boy" would comment.

Perhaps he is out "sacrificing" Ducks to the "God of Speaker Sales" hoping the Jubilee will sell, LOL

I will PROBABLY wind up with one myself.

Roy told me several years ago it was what I needed to beat my CF 4's.

Anyone know how much a Jubilee costs ?

I probably could sell enough stuff to swing 10 grand, is THAT enough to buy one ?

I would RATHER have him tell me more about the CF series speakers, and IF it is better to place them on stands to get the acoustic center of driver array at ear level ?

No "one size fits all God" like the Europeans, LOL

But the TRUE God isn't just a God of the Europeans. If you ask, I am sure Roy (and a few others here) would be happy to tell you about Him. Yes

Bruce